No flys on me!!

Railgun

Visited my pal down in the country today, near, but not on a farm, and while the car was there, I couldn't help but notice the car got covered in flies!!!(Only unusual as his car was parked 4 yards from mine, and his was blissfully fly free)!!!

I've already got all the jokes about, "well it is a nasty Jap car! Where else do you expect flies to settle!............wish I'd taken a picture to show.............is it the colour, or is there somthing in the wax that flies just love!!!??

Anyone else had this?

Flies love my car as its bright orange lol. But also when I use my swissvax ...... they seem to love the smell aswell :lol:

Actually J, there was a 300zx down at Zedfest that was bright yellow, and as I "now recall" it was covered in wasps. Maybe it is a colour thing right enough pal, and yours is mighty bright indeed!! Surprised it wasn't covered in butterflies for funky power! :)

Visited my pal down in the country today, near, but not on a farm, and while the car was there, I couldn't help but notice the car got covered in flies!!!(Only unusual as his car was parked 4 yards from mine, and his was blissfully fly free)!!!

I've already got all the jokes about, "well it is a nasty Jap car! Where else do you expect flies to settle!............wish I'd taken a picture to show.............is it the colour, or is there somthing in the wax that flies just love!!!??

Anyone else had this?

I would guess that your pal doesn't drive faster than a fly's reaction time to seeing you come across the corner. :snack:

You want to see what its like owning a yellow car!!!!!! :surrender: They must think its a massive mobile dandelion :headhurt:

I only have to reverse it out of the garage and a massive cloud of them descend towards it. :lol:

Reminds me of that Stones classic "I just wanna make love to you" :lol:

With regard to bug attractant colours, the Sunburst Yellow S15 I had was the worst. I would finish detailing, especially after waxing, and there'd be swathe of buglets attaching themselves to the car. :shrug: The the LMS Z is reasonably bad as far as bug attractant goes, especially on out of town trips or through the countryside. :dummy:

Someone who's more of a scientific vent would know what the ultra violet rays do with regards to colours and insect. :thumbs:

You want to see what its like owning a yellow car!!!!!! :surrender: They must think its a massive mobile dandelion :headhurt:

I only have to reverse it out of the garage and a massive cloud of them descend towards it. :lol:

Perhaps they think it's too clean. :p:lol: And needs soiling.

On Friday I caught a wasp prizing a bee from my grille mesh, it managed to get it on to my boss's Disco bonnet where it started stinging it to death... even though it was already dead. Then got a better grip and flew off with it.

Never seen a wasp do that before :scare:

Also mine seems to attract Ladybirds :shrug: