NISSAN VIP INVITES?

rabbitstew

Did anyone else get an invite in the post this morning inviting them to go to a special "VIP" closed door day at their local Nissan garage?

Reading through the leaflet, it seems they expect people to want to go to this "special" day at their Nissan dealer where the doors will be locked and you will have 10 sales people frantically try and sell you cars under the pretense that as a "VIP" you will be offered them at a slightly cheaper price than normal members of the public.

Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder why an earth anyone would want to go to this? If I wanted to buy a car, id be looking on autotrader, and shopping about. I certainly would not want to be locked in a showroom with high pressure sales people trying to sell me something I dont want at a higher price than I could get elsewhere.

Had they been offering 24hour test drives or something as part of the deal then that would be another matter......

Had this before for special "lauch" days etc. Never been to them as I find it easier just to visit the dealer another day when there arent hoards of people and salesmen about. Can also have a better play with the cars where there arent 10+ people trying to be in the same seat you are in ;)

WLMG who I am quite friendly with quite often get the next model year cars in quite early for a day or two which is when they have their events. Last time they had the MY11 GTR quite a while before it was released, so was good to have a look around that before most other people.

Its funny but we had almost exactly the same leaflet through but about Mercedes near us.

Its clearly someone selling them a marketing idea, and making some money out of it too by the looks.

Shame they don't live in the real world really!

I think the issue is that, times are tough, and these are businesses that employ people, who rely upon management to keep them afloat, and these dealers obviously feel the need to try something to entice custom through the door as their current market isn’t working.

Not my sort of thing TBH, I am more into a tactically strike than carpet bombing, as I feel it’s more relevant and personal to the people you are interested in talking to.

10 out of 10 for effort though :shrug:

Had they been offering 24hour test drives or something as part of the deal then that would be another matter......

What if the something else was "Free pies"? would that help? just a thought for any future events we may have :lol::lol:

Pies and drives - :#1:

That Sir will sell you cars. I have trademarked that name so you owe me loyalties if you want to use it :p:lol:

What if the something else was "Free pies"? would that help? just a thought for any future events we may have :lol::lol:

That Sir will sell you cars. I have trademarked that name so you owe me loyalties if you want to use it :p:lol:

I knew there would be a catch, god damn it! - We will talk about this Chris :lol::lol:

I knew there would be a catch, god damn it! - We will talk about this Chris :lol::lol:

I'll sell you the trademark for the lowly price of a MY11 GTR :teeth:

I'll sell you the trademark for the lowly price of a MY11 GTR :teeth:

Touche Chris, touche :surrender:

Its funny but we had almost exactly the same leaflet through but about Mercedes near us.

Its clearly someone selling them a marketing idea, and making some money out of it too by the looks.

I think the issue is that, times are tough, and these are businesses that employ people, who rely upon management to keep them afloat, and these dealers obviously feel the need to try something to entice custom through the door as their current market isn’t working.

Not my sort of thing TBH, I am more into a tactically strike than carpet bombing, as I feel it’s more relevant and personal to the people you are interested in talking to.

yep you are bang on there. being in the motorcycle trade we are in a similar situation, I still get angry though when these marketing sorts make out like its us that aren't thinking creatively enough. Here in Yorkshire we have a more simple, honest approach to business and I think that works better than any marketing bullshit. People are too smart nowadays to fall for the "exclusive event" crap that's banded around.

yep you are bang on there. being in the motorcycle trade we are in a similar situation, I still get angry though when these marketing sorts make out like its us that aren't thinking creatively enough. Here in Yorkshire we have a more simple, honest approach to business and I think that works better than any marketing bullshit. People are too smart nowadays to fall for the "exclusive event" crap that's banded around.

Agreed, I personally believe that marketing is the route of all evil, but we are stuck with it.

However I also believe that if we are stuck with it, you should at least put the effort as you have said. but let’s not forget that good old fashion service is the way forward in my eyes. Something I think that gets lost when the marketing people get involved IMO :shrug:

Id be there like a shot in that case mate. lol.

but let’s not forget that good old fashion service is the way forward in my eyes. Something I think that gets lost when the marketing people get involved IMO :shrug:

Definitely. This happens to be the same local dealer whose mechanic I caught revving the t!ts off my car so he could hear the full effect of my K1 exhaust in their workshop - so there was no way id rush back to them.

Just had a leaflet through the post from nissan saying they will wash and vacuum my car for free, no ties, no heavy sales ploy just pop in and they will do it while i have a cuppa.

Perfect timing as shes filthy after the hoon, BUT first thing that pops into my mind is, do they use a sponge, brush? what do they put on the wheels and will it be too aggressive? Will they scratch it. I think i'll do it myself later. Still nice offer though.

My god Nissan must be desperate. Not only did I get the glossy flyer through the post, ive now had 2 follow up emails from them (which ive ignored) and 2 TXT messages to my mobile phone (which ive also ignored).

I now expect they will phone me up soon.

They must be really desperate for my business!

My god Nissan must be desperate. Not only did I get the glossy flyer through the post, ive now had 2 follow up emails from them (which ive ignored) and 2 TXT messages to my mobile phone (which ive also ignored).

I now expect they will phone me up soon.

They must be really desperate for my business!

They have a lot of small cars and MY2010 Zeds to shift, so I would not be surprised if they did. It might have been easier in hindsight to email them back, with a thanks, but no thanks.... :lol:

They might even try suckering you in, with a trail of pie crumbs leading to the dealership :lol::lol::lol: