Rugby World Cup 2011

Jay

It's still pretty full on over here. Everyone seems very much into cup fever! Even for those of us that live very near the gaming stadiums and ensuing craziness. :dance:

Will post pics of Friday nights fireworks opening display tomorrow when I have time with downloading etc, etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so here is how the tables are looking. I have to say, really impressed with Canada to beat Tonga.... they have defo broadened their skills in the last two years or so. Also Georgia are not in NZ to make up the numbers.... they are a very strong team up front and could cause England but more likely Arg some hassle. Scotland I felt tried to play Georgia at their own came, rather than play expansive running rugby which would have seen them win the game with ease.

Australia are still my favourite to win but I think there could be a few upsets in the Pool stages this year. What a glorious game :blush::drunk:

Pool A

Team P W D L PF PA TF TA BP PTS

New Zealand 1 1 0 0 41 10 6 1 1 5

France 1 1 0 0 47 21 6 2 1 5

Canada 1 1 0 0 25 20 3 2 0 4

Tonga 2 0 0 2 30 66 3 9 1 1

Japan 1 0 0 1 21 47 2 6 0 0

P=Played; W=Won; D=Draw; L=Lost; PF=Points For; PA=Points Against; TF=Tries For; TA=Tries Against; BP=Bonus Points; PTS=Points

Pool B

Scotland 2 2 0 0 49 30 4 2 1 9

England 1 1 0 0 13 9 1 0 0 4

Argentina 1 0 0 1 9 13 0 1 1 1

Georgia 1 0 0 1 6 15 0 0 0 0

Romania 1 0 0 1 24 34 2 4 0 0

P=Played; W=Won; D=Draw; L=Lost; PF=Points For; PA=Points Against; TF=Tries For; TA=Tries Against; BP=Bonus Points; PTS=Points

Pool C

Australia 1 1 0 0 32 6 4 0 1 5

Ireland 1 1 0 0 22 10 3 1 0 4

Russia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

USA 1 0 0 1 10 22 1 3 0 0

Italy 1 0 0 1 6 32 0 4 0 0

Pool D

Samoa 1 1 0 0 49 12 6 2 1 5

Fiji 1 1 0 0 49 25 6 2 1 5

South Africa 1 1 0 0 17 16 2 1 0 4

Wales 1 0 0 1 16 17 1 2 1 1

Namibia 2 0 0 2 37 98 4 12 0 0

A bloke goes to his doctor complaining that his asshole is making strange noises. The doctor listens and sure enough the blokes asshole is singing 'waltsing matilda'

'Oh it's nothing to worry about' says the doctor, 'the rugby world cup has just started and you'll find a lot of assholes singing that song.'

A bloke goes to his doctor complaining that his asshole is making strange noises. The doctor listens and sure enough the blokes asshole is singing 'waltsing matilda'

'Oh it's nothing to worry about' says the doctor, 'the rugby world cup has just started and you'll find a lot of assholes singing that song.'

:lol::lol::lol:

WOW....... that was poor :surrender:

A few of the fireworks from the opening night last week. :thumbs:

I didn't take these photos, so no rude comments about the photography. :p:lol: We were sitting on a bank overlooking the harbour, about 500 metres from the motorway (hence the cars zipping past on the feeder road) with about 1/4 of the populous of Auckland. :lol: Photos really don't do the fireworks justice, but I did say I'd post a few pics. :thumbs: The fireworks coming off the Skytower were huge, as were the rest being released from the barges. To put it into proportion, the Skytower is 328 metres tall, even though it looks like a pin in these photos. :lol:

RWCfireworks9Sept2011No3.jpg

RWCfireworks9Sept2011.jpg

I think just about every camper van or rental car over here must be already spoken for. I don't think I've ever seen so many camper vans!!! Great to see, as most of them have a little RWC flying from the window of which ever team they're supporting.

Hope they spend lots of money whilst they're in the Land of the Long White Cloud/NZ.

I have to say nz look a great team but they are doing what they did in the tri nations and that is playing a great first half and then switching off for 20 mins into the second half. If they do this when they are playing a better team.... it could cost them.

Big game tomoz for us Scots....... I think we can do it....... here's hoping :lol:

An awesome start for NZ, looking to have some very scary pace. :)

It's all the Kumara they feed them down here. :lol: Or maybe not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_potato

I have to say nz look a great team but they are doing what they did in the tri nations and that is playing a great first half and then switching off for 20 mins into the second half. If they do this when they are playing a better team.... it could cost them.

Big game tomoz for us Scots....... I think we can do it....... here's hoping :lol:

Proof is only ever in the pudding, and as good as the game on the day. Can the All Blacks win, who knows.

Hope your game against Argentina goes well tonight (Kiwi time), just over 2 hours away in fact. :thumbs:

Interesting team selection. I'm up and ready to cheer our boys on!!!

Only problem is after our pool we face either NZ or France - awww shiaaat! :lol:

Only problem is after our pool we face either NZ or France - awww shiaaat! :lol:

Your team normally plays well. There have already been a few upset wins, so you never know. :thumbs:

Thanks mate. You watching the game? Evans is having a stormer - just not enough support for him. We have been ropey at the breakdown but I think we are sorting that out in the second half.

NZ and France not tend to have off days :lol: