smelly catalict converter

buster

notice this tonite for the first time since ownership of over 2 1/2 years.

does this mean the cats are on there way out ?

the zed is actually running really well apart from the smell and i even noticed that i am getting 24.3 mpg around town to boot.

i ll admit that i dont use the car every day like i use to but can t see that has anything to do with the smelly cat ?

your help please :D

notice this tonite for the first time since ownership of over 2 1/2 years.

does this mean the cats are on there way out ?

the zed is actually running really well apart from the smell and i even noticed that i am getting 24.3 mpg around town to boot.

i ll admit that i dont use the car every day like i use to but can t see that has anything to do with the smelly cat ?

your help please :D

Hi Bob,

My cats used to stink too, wasn't good! They were a complete state, the heatshield was falling to pieces due to corrosion and soon began to rattle at 1k revs. I'm guessing yours are in the same boat...

I replaced mine with HFCs

Is it rotten egg smell????

THE CULPRIT: Hydrogen sulfide in the exhaust, which is produced by trace amounts of sulfur in gasoline. It's supposed to be converted to sulfur dioxide in your catalytic converter. This may be indicative of a fuel-injection problem, and can be cured by a sharp mechanic. But often it means a failed catalytic converter.

No way used to smell failed cats all the time when they first started putting them on cars... not smelled one in years.

Buster - Take the opportunity to replace with uprated parts :teeth:

just been talking to my FRIENDS :lol: Keyser has some so if they have gone thats the route i ll be going.....get the sockets set out Chris :lol:

Before you do anything try running on a few tanks of super unleaded, as Higher RON as you can find, this may do the trick, if that doesn't work, then in to the shop I'm afraid.

Nothing worse than a smelly cat! very embarrassing if you have a passenger on board

:lol:

Before you do anything try running on a few tanks of super unleaded, as Higher RON as you can find, this may do the trick, if that doesn't work, then in to the shop I'm afraid.

Nothing worse than a smelly cat! very embarrassing if you have a passenger on board

This is Buster so he never has passengers :lol:

I did tell him it would be worth going for a good long run in the Zed (instead of just using her for the shopping) see if it helps at all :thumbs:

Not sure where he filled up he did say he didn't usually use this petrol station?!

If it still doesn't cure it he has booked it in with me :lol:

I have a set of old standard cats 2 sets of Berks and a set of test pipes should find something he likes :lol::thumbs:

This is Buster so he never has passengers :lol:

I did tell him it would be worth going for a good long run in the Zed (instead of just using her for the shopping) see if it helps at all :thumbs:

Not sure where he filled up he did say he didn't usually use this petrol station?!

If it still doesn't cure it he has booked it in with me :lol:

I have a set of old standard cats 2 sets of Berks and a set of test pipes should find something he likes :lol::thumbs:

So your letting the cat out of the bag then.... :lol:

So, so, so very sorry :thumbdown:

Could be crap petrol,see if it goes after a couple of tanks of fuel.

If not, give Tarmac or one of the other traders a shout for some Berks HFCs :teeth:

Toby, that's just a posh way of saying what I did. :p:lol::lol:

Could be crap petrol,see if it goes after a couple of tanks of fuel.

If not, give Tarmac or one of the other traders a shout for some Berks HFCs :teeth:

Toby, that's just a posh way of saying what I did. :p:lol::lol:

Sorry, I had rather a lot to drink last night, so not fireing on all cylinders today at all, and I smell a bit like Busters CAT now too. Not a great look :thumbdown::lol: