Aug 2011 Summer European tour **Now with pics**

Wasso

Thought I'd post something whilst we're away from the sunny UK.

Left Birmingham Thur at 6:20pm to travel to Sandwich and stay overnight at the Blazing Donkey Country house (good offer on laterooms with breaky for £50 - I'd recommend to anyone) ready for our Dover to Dunkurque trip at 8am in the morning. Good sailing arrived 11:20am local time and travelled through France, Belgium, holland into Germany to our overnight stay in Koblenz.

Weather was good on arrival, but then approaching Koblenz the heavens opened with heavy rain. We drove through the rain to 22degree heat and thought all would be good from here on in. Despite having two major hold ups and a tree which had fallen down in Koblenz (looked like the place had been struck by a hurricane) things were good.

We pitched our tent and strolled down in shorts and t-shirt to the onsite bar and restaurant. ALL very nice and amazingly clean (Germany clean shall we say - again another recommendation). So a great dinner, where I learnt the difference between a  Wienerschnitzel and Schweineschnitzel, but now for the last two hours whilst sitting outside it's chucking it down with thunder and lightening. Typical!!!

No fuss as we're getting pi$$ed on good German beer ready to run to our tent!

The Zed has received so much attention you wouldn't believe. 

On the boat: "Is that a Japanese super car?"

At the petrol station - People are gawping and pointing

On the motorway - some bloke shouts (fooking nice - English of course)

In a village, passing 3 kids "wow wow wow kwoar!" lol

At the campsite go to check in, come out and there's 3 germans inspecting the car, looking at the brakes and the bodykit. Jayne said "I feel so embarrassed when people look when coming back to the car" I had to laugh :lol:

Anyway, enjoying the trip, 550 miles done so far since leaving Brum yesterday and another 1900 to go.  Looking forward to the 32 degrees in Hungary on Sunday.

Updates to follow soon... Pics once I get to a pc in Hungary.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers being safe as we can, despite the thunder.

Just received the bill for the food €26.50 that's for two meals with side salad and wait for it 6 pints of beer :yahoo: Jayne has just found out the wine is cheaper and her excuse is the mire we drink the less wet we feel from the torrential rain. Gota say though, €2 a pint, sorry half litre is frigging good :drunk:

:clap::clap::byebye::drunk:

Cheers being safe as we can, despite the thunder.

Just received the bill for the food €26.50 that's for two meals with side salad and wait for it 6 pints of beer :yahoo: Jayne has just found out the wine is cheaper and her excuse is the mire we drink the less wet we feel from the torrential rain. Gota say though, €2 a pint, sorry half litre is frigging good :drunk:

Well what a night. Woken many times in the night by the rain crashing down on the tent, and the sound of a 10 mile long freight trains on the other side of the river. Although to compensate the toilets and showers are just like in a hotel, spotless is not a good enough word, not only that but hot showers and the facilities are fantastic. Only problem was that on the main door was a pic of a man showering and a women standing next to man in shower. I took it being for the blokes? Whilst showering there were some noises, a cough, yup that sounds like a bloke, then someone blew their nose, yup that's def a bloke. Come out of shower to find two women with their chins on the floor semi dressed. :scare: one lady said something like Frau?? I think that means womens :blush: so I explained the picture of a man on the door and she said no that's a woman wearing a shirt :doh: so I proceeded to finish off getting ready and left the "ladies" showers whilst chuckling to myself and informing my other half of my oooopsie. She thinks I did this on purpose to get a glimpse of some german nakedness :lol::lol:

Off to Linz in Austria today further reports to follow :thumbs:

Cheers Lee

Further update; since leavin Koblenz it's rained SOLID for 670km and we planned on stayin in Linz, we've scrapped that idea and now heading to Graz where the weather says it's 30 degrees and DRY. luckily it's on 2 more hours drive with 6 hours gone. So that'll be 900km in one day :scare:

Well what a relief to be away from the rain. Stayed in Graz and had typical Austrian dish with a nice big fat juicy beer. Went to local supermarket to pic up some beers and spotted a Porsche Panamera, ugly fooking thing.

Off to see my papa today in Hungary where the weather is low to mid 30's. Can't wait.

So hopefully that's the last of the rain for a while, although the hale stones yesterday were a bit worrying. Although we went through about 20+ tunnels one of whic was 9k long, oh it was such a joy. Even got a small video clip yeeeeehah!!!!

Tell us her name ;)

Well what a relief to be away from the rain. Stayed in Graz and had typical Austrian dish with a nice big fat juicy beer. Went to local supermarket to pic up some beers and spotted a Porsche Panamera, ugly fooking thing.

Off to see my papa today in Hungary where the weather is low to mid 30's. Can't wait.

So hopefully that's the last of the rain for a while, although the hale stones yesterday were a bit worrying. Although we went through about 20+ tunnels one of whic was 9k long, oh it was such a joy. Even got a small video clip yeeeeehah!!!!

Lost you on that one Graham.

Well we arrived in Hungary and glad there's no more rain on the horizon. Suzi has enjoyed the drive from Austria especially as she was treated to two tanks of 100 octane. Whilst in Germany I filled up on Vpower race fuel, basically 100 octane but was priced at 1.77euro a litre so it was an expensive fill up, but there was def a slight perkiness to the response of the throttle and pick up B)

In Hungary now and some of the roads have taken a few lumps out of my under tray, and I'm sure my suspension has had a good workout. Here now till Friday whilst seeing dad, but the weather is gorgeous, whilst sat outside having a few beers then BBQ :yahoo:

The typical Austrian dish.............. :blush: I'll get me coat

Lost you on that one Graham.

Well we arrived in Hungary and glad there's no more rain on the horizon. Suzi has enjoyed the drive from Austria especially as she was treated to two tanks of 100 octane. Whilst in Germany I filled up on Vpower race fuel, basically 100 octane but was priced at 1.77euro a litre so it was an expensive fill up, but there was def a slight perkiness to the response of the throttle and pick up B)

In Hungary now and some of the roads have taken a few lumps out of my under tray, and I'm sure my suspension has had a good workout. Here now till Friday whilst seeing dad, but the weather is gorgeous, whilst sat outside having a few beers then BBQ :yahoo:

Ha ha :lol: gotcha Graham, there were a few corkers too, but would have got a slap from Jayne if I took a pic lol. Other pics will be loaded either tonight or tomorrow now that I have access to a computer :thumbs: