Exhaust systems for a HR

megatombomb

Hello all,

Have had the 350Z for 1 week now and its pretty much all good but i feel the standard exhaust sounds a bit meh over 3k rpm. So Has anyone modified the exhaust on their HR model?

Have been looking at the berks HFC's but would like a y-pipe and back system to compliment them but i cant seem to find any exhausts to fit this model of the Z :shrug: ?

There are plenty of systems advertised for the DE models... so would these DE exhausts fit an HR?!?

I am most interested in the scorpion system as it seems well rated and also really good value but again not sure it'll fit.

Anyone fitted this system to an HR? Got a video link?

Thanks in adv.

Hello all,

Have had the 350Z for 1 week now and its pretty much all good but i feel the standard exhaust sounds a bit meh over 3k rpm. So Has anyone modified the exhaust on their HR model?

Have been looking at the berks HFC's but would like a y-pipe and back system to compliment them but i cant seem to find any exhausts to fit this model of the Z :shrug: ?

There are plenty of systems advertised for the DE models... so would these DE exhausts fit an HR?!?

I am most interested in the scorpion system as it seems well rated and also really good value but again not sure it'll fit.

Thanks in adv.

They are interchangable except for the cats.

If you wish to use the HR cats then you will have to fit HR headers.

Alex. :)

Hello all,

Thanks in adv.

They are interchangable except for the cats.

If you wish to use the HR cats then you will have to fit HR headers.

Alex. :)

It's an hr car he has is it not? :shrug:

the exhausts are able to be fitted to both models, the standard y-pipe is different as far as i'm led to believe but all aftermarket exhausts will fit onto it usually. ie the nismo exhaust fits both perfect and comes with y-pipe. Its just the 2 y-pipes arent interchangable to different models but aftermarkets will fit both. The cats are different though

Thanks for the replies chaps :thumbs:

I think ive settled on the Berk HFC's as they make a good noise and actually give a power gain so a no brainer.

I would also like to stick a full Nismo system onto the Berks but try as i might there seems to be no one in the UK that sells this system!?

Where have any owners bought theres from?

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a HR model fitted with a scorpion system so i can have a little listen.

Its purely a vanity purchase as i just want the best sound really - i'm sure i wont lose any power anyway!

Thanks again

Thanks for the replies chaps :thumbs:

I think ive settled on the Berk HFC's as they make a good noise and actually give a power gain so a no brainer.

I would also like to stick a full Nismo system onto the Berks but try as i might there seems to be no one in the UK that sells this system!?

Where have any owners bought theres from?

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a HR model fitted with a scorpion system so i can have a little listen.

Its purely a vanity purchase as i just want the best sound really - i'm sure i wont lose any power anyway!

Thanks again

Tarmac sources the genuine nismo exhausts i think. :thumbs: and the berks, he may be able to sort you out with a deal. He also sources the scorpion exhausts :lol:

I think all Y back 350 systems will fit the HR, although the HR stock exhaust is supposed to be specially tuned for the HR engine both for sound and performance, so "apparently" is the best of the stock exhausts.

I fitted the notorious japspeed K1 to my HR. Bolted straight on. No problems with it catching the diff or anything. Im pretty sure the baffles in this one maybe worn out as I measured 102db on my noise meter phone app just driving home yesterday, which would explain why im sure my hearing has got worse over the last few months......

Scorpian has very good reviews and looks and would be the one id be considering.

I'd advise against using any high flow cats or test pipes with the NISMO, as the NISMO Y pipe is well known to split when mated together with anything aftermarket. We've been lucky over the years in that it's only happened in isolated cases for us, but it's well documented all over the world with every brand cat out there

DE exhausts fit HR's as well. HR Y pipe and DE Y pipes (both stock and aftermarket) are interchangeable. HR headers and HR cats/test pipes are HR exclusive, though some (not all) DE header/test pipe combos fit HR's as well (with some minor modding)

I'd advise against using any high flow cats or test pipes with the NISMO, as the NISMO Y pipe is well known to split when mated together with anything aftermarket. We've been lucky over the years in that it's only happened in isolated cases for us, but it's well documented all over the world with every brand cat out there

DE exhausts fit HR's as well. HR Y pipe and DE Y pipes (both stock and aftermarket) are interchangeable. HR headers and HR cats/test pipes are HR exclusive, though some (not all) DE header/test pipe combos fit HR's as well (with some minor modding)

I heard this also, but one of the forums most aggressive drivers has the berk nismo combo and drives very hard with no issues.

+1

Although I believe that the HR headers and HR cats if fitted as a combo will fit the DE.

Adam???

Still to have an issue Adam and I am sure Neil is referring to me haha

I am using Berks sourced from you and nismo exhaust for about 2 years and 20k miles with a fair few track days and lots of unrestricted autobahn runs! :teeth:

Car tuned to 340bhp on the fly too.

we don't sell Berk :)

if it came from us, you have Ultimate Racing cats. I've found them to be the best over the years with NISMO, and we have tons and tons of customers running it. But, the #'s of members out there can't be by accident, so we always caution people when running a NISMO exhaust now with anything but stock cats. What tends to happen is the flex's split. A nice way to fix it is weld a brace between them, or do as I did on my car...cut them out and replace with straight pipe

Alex - yes, you are right - when used as a pair only though. To get an HR header on a DE requires the use of HR cats. To get HR gets to work on a DE requires HR headers. Either of these will then mate to any Y pipe/exhaust.

The HR and DE Y pipes are different in their merge points (ID might be different too, not sure), but overall length is the same, making them swappable on their own

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my second Zed - this one is an 07 plate with HR engine. I've changed the back box (Greddy Spectrum Elite) and the Y pipe (Stillen). After they bedded in, the noise is great! Quiet at low revs/town/cold starts, awesome exhaust note on WOT when accelerating B)

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=49115

I really need to get a decent drive-by-video of the exhaust posted up. I'll have to try and sort that over the Bank Holiday.