Make a BMW E36 better? Put an S2000 engine in it!

slimjim

Wonder what that cost tho?

My mate has an old E30 which he put a 325 engine in, a back axle off another beemer which had bigger discs, the leather out of an m3, lowered with big alloys. Then to make things interesting he then he fitted the turbo off a 325TD onto it. Its staggeringly quick, I think the stock boost on the 325TD turbos are something like 28 or 30psi running through a cosworth intercooler. He really needs to get the fueling remapped as its all over the shop but he cant afford that atm. Best thing is, the entire car, as it stands has only cost him £600.

Why go to that effort when you could drop one of BMW's own wonderful and far more musical straight-sixs in there with much less hassle? :thumbdown:

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Totally agree...

Surely the M3 engine would be the wise choice?

Then again, everyone has done that, never seen one of these before.... Maybe there is a reason why :lol:

Wonder what that cost tho?

My mate has an old E30 which he put a 325 engine in, a back axle off another beemer which had bigger discs, the leather out of an m3, lowered with big alloys. Then to make things interesting he then he fitted the turbo off a 325TD onto it. Its staggeringly quick, I think the stock boost on the 325TD turbos are something like 28 or 30psi running through a cosworth intercooler. He really needs to get the fueling remapped as its all over the shop but he cant afford that atm. Best thing is, the entire car, as it stands has only cost him £600.

Fantastic, you need to get this bloke on scrapheap challenge!

Why go to that effort when you could drop one of BMW's own wonderful and far more musical straight-sixs in there with much less hassle? :thumbdown:

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Yes but then he should have just got an m3. I'm sure it's due to Japanese parts being cheap in japan.

If he'd have wanted cheap then why do it on a BMW? I'm guessing all the other parts on the car weren't cheap either. You're right though, he should just have bought an M3.

Maybe he wanted the engineering of a german car and the engine of a japanese. My brothers 986 is much better to work on then my car :lol: