Window Tinting Reccomendation Thanks WFC

rtbiscuit

I thought i would put this up on the forum for others to see as they might find it useful.

I had my rear windows tinted, everything behind the B pillars done in a dark titanium or dark smoke, not sure what name it goes under, but basically 1 up from complete limo tint.

I went to see these people http://www.windowfilmcentre.co.uk/index ... dowtinting at their Ipswich offices; they are also based in Colchester and Bury st Edmunds i that helps others in the area.

I was really impressed with how friendly and helpful they were, made the whole experience very easy, they use top of the range films and the bloke fitting it took real pride in his work. I don't envy them their job as watching them doing the rear window from inside looked bloody hard. They also offer a life time guarantee on their work so any issues you can always go back.

They work on a lot of prestige cars and do most of the footballers cars from ITFC they also do most of the factory style tinting for the automotive sellers around this area. so they have a very good rep. and they've worked on Ferrari's, Porsche's Astons, jags, etc

here are pics form my car.

P1020027.jpg

P1020026.jpg

P1020025.jpg

P1020023.jpg

don't doubt the quality of the job - but how on earth can you do that to a Jag? :wacko: Sorry - Marmite :shrug:

Because Jags are owned by pimps & drug dealers :lol:

When I'm old :p and I get my XJ that will be black with tints :blush:

Was it very expensive?

£136 for everything behind the B pillar, they had a special offer on for that month :thumbs:

I think anyone is capable of doing window tinting. 2 people, window cleaner in a spray bottle, window cleaner and a microfibre cloth, couple cards and patience.

I did mine my self and it came out very good. No wrinkles at all. Got the tint for under £20 so if you mess it up you cant complain.

i probably going to do the fronts myself, i used the pro's because the rear window on the jag is difficult to reach and its got some curves to it which require the film to be heated and shaped to prior to fitting.

flat windows are pretty easy, curved ones are not ;)

I managed to find somewhere in Manchester that did my side rears for £30 and will do the rear for £50, so £80 for the rear 3 ain't bad! So far the two rears are perfect so I'll be going back in the future!

What's the rear like at night? I've got limo black on the sides but didn't want to get it on the back as I've heard visibility is greatly reduced.

mine aren't limo black, i used a dark smoke something like 15% or 20%

visibility has been fine, can still see out. just takes the edge of the glare off at night time. have driven acar with limo tint rear in a zed and hated it. even in day light it was too dark.