Rowan Atkinson in Hospital

Beavis

Let's hope he's okay.

Shame to wreck a clasic like that.

He was pretty quick on Top Gear the other week, maybe that went to his head!

he's always like his cars and is a accomplished motorsport driver and has raced in quite a few events

Let's hope he's okay.

Shame to wreck a clasic like that.

He was pretty quick on Top Gear the other week, maybe that went to his head!

he's always like his cars and is a accomplished motorsport driver and has raced in quite a few events

I do remember something about him racing being mentioned on the show actually.

Such a shame, hopefully the fact he walked away is a good sign and he's fine.

Makes you think that if someone this experienced can have a faily bad accident, what hope do the rest of us have?! :shrug:

I must admit I've been thinking about an advanced lesson of some sorts since I've had my Zed. Slightly more horses than the disiesal Mondeo!!

Any recomandations??

:)

Outch! Although similarly damaged ones have been repaired back to standard by the factory, albeit for a hefty ransom I would suspect!

With a car like that and with Rowans finances, I expect it can and indeed will be repaired.

Still, a fair old shunt to separate the engine. No doubt the plod will be asking a few questions.

In all fairness the weather was a total nightmare last night. I go along those roads all the time. Last night there was some car in a ditch on the a14 eastbound near Cambridge Services, which had 3 fire engines, an ambulance and at least 4 police cars + a traffic officer vehicle all parked on the road. The car was down the ditch nicely off the road and they werent recovering it, but they still closed off one lane, resulting in stationary traffic from Cambridge Services all the way back to Huntington / A1M (distance of about 15 miles). A few miles further up on the a14 still, I saw a green Clio down the ditch on the westbound entrance slip road near Hemmingford Abbots.

Not only that, I was driving like a granny as every time I remotely put my foot down in 2nd the back end of my zed was all over the shop, so its hardly surprising he stacked his F1.

What puzzles me tho, is if it was on the a605 at Haddon, how an earth did he stack it. Ive done that bit of road literally thousands of times and its all pretty straight with very very few overtaking places. You *ALWAYS* get stuck behind a HGV doing 40mph, so I just tend to stick the radio on, and just cruise along at 40 enjoying the better fuel consumption. I can only assume he must have been a bit impatient, decided to boot it past some traffic and spun off the road.

Outch! Although similarly damaged ones have been repaired back to standard by the factory, albeit for a hefty ransom I would suspect!

With a car like that and with Rowans finances, I expect it can and indeed will be repaired.

Still, a fair old shunt to separate the engine. No doubt the plod will be asking a few questions.

I'm sure Rowan or his lawyers will come up for a satisfactory explanation of how he came to be clipping daisies on an A road. ;)

Mr. Loophole B)

Caprice Bourret - Freeman claimed the model had a urinary tract infection, and that she was affected by the drugs she was taking. Banned for 12 months.[12]

Lee Bowyer - the Crown Prosecution Service initially alleged that Bowyer had been driving at an average 112mph (180km/h) on the A1, peaking at 132mph (212km/h). Freeman negotiated with the CPS at Northumberland court, following irregularities with the road markings, (which were too short, giving a *lower* speed than expected). The West Ham United midfielder pleaded guilty instead to driving at 99mph (159km/h) on the A1. He was banned (as it was his second speeding offence in 3 years) for 42 days and fined £650. It prompted a furious response from road safety charity Brake.[13]

Jimmy Carr - cleared of using a mobile phone while driving at Harrow Magistrates Court after Freeman argued that Carr had used the dictation setting of his iPhone to record a joke as he drove and that using the phone for such a purpose was not illegal under current law.[14]

Jeremy Clarkson - after being loaned a car by Alfa Romeo, the vehicle was caught doing 82mph (131km/h) in a 50mph (80km/h) zone on the A40 in Ruislip. Alfa Romeo sent the ticket to Clarkson, who was acquitted and awarded costs because the prosecution did not offer evidence as to who the actual driver was at the time of the offence.[15]

Andy Cole[16]

Andrew Flintoff - caught on camera doing 87mph (140km/h) in a temporary 50mph (80km/h) zone, Freeman pointed out that the prosecution notice was sent two days later than the law allows. Flintoff only had to turn up at Liverpool Magistrates Court to confirm his name, age and address to be completely let off.[17]

Claire Ince, the wife of then Wolverhampton Wanderers player Paul Ince. Caught travelling at 100mph in her husband's Mercedes-Benz CL600 along the M56 at Thornton-Le-Moors by Cheshire Police, they sent a Section172 notice to Paul, the registered keeper. Claire filled in the form, and was asked to attend court. Facing an immediate ban, Freeman pointed out that Claire should have been sent her own Section 172, before being charged. She was let off.[18]

Steve McFadden - who "had a remarkable capacity for drink" and was examined by a police surgeon, had drunk the equivalent of nine double vodkas, and was found "for all intents and purposes to be quite sober." McFadden was banned for 18 months, which is a fairly lenient sentence for the amount of alcohol in his blood.[19]

Colin Montgomerie - acquitted when the policeman who was said to have caught him travelling at 96mph (154km/h) on the A3 near Esher, Surrey (a 70mph (112km/h) road) at 12:50am failed to attend court, making it impossible to prove that he was driving. Got him off a second time from a 56 day ban in November 2008, after caught driving his Bentley Continental Flying Spur and failing to pay the fine. Freeman revealed that Montgomerie hated flying, and drove 55,000 miles (89,000 km) per annum in part to see his Surrey based children from his Scottish base.[20] In 2010, Freeman had Montgomerie's points-tot-up ban quashed after revealing the indiscriminate way in which the civilian speed gun operator at Corby Hill, Carlisle had 'zapped' 390 cars in 73 minutes, one every 11 seconds, including Montgomerie's BMW X5 as well as a jogger. The case resulted in over 100 drivers having their points also quashed, and the tax payer with a £30,000 legal bill.[21]

Tiff Needell - cleared of failing to supply details in relation to a speeding ticket, and the speeding offence by Pontypridd magistrates[22]

Ronnie O'Sullivan - Freeman accused the magistrate of winking at a journalist. The magistrate replied: "Why would I wink at anybody? Do you think I'm gay or something?" Freeman subsequently had the trial stopped. At the retrial, the court accepted the explanation that O'Sullivan was "too depressed" to provide a urine sample.[19]

Wayne Rooney - cleared of driving without insurance when Freeman said that a requested adjournment had not been granted and the hearing had been conducted in absentia.[13]

William Stobart - the driver of a car allegedly doing 116 mph (185km/h) on the M6 claimed he was William Stobart: but was he the same William Stobart who exercised his right not to attend the hearing at Penrith Magistrates? The court decided the prosecution had not proved the driver was Mr Freeman’s client, Cumbrian haulage tycoon William Stobart [23]

Matthew Vaughn[24]

Jonathan Woodgate - banned from driving and since convicted of affray.[25] Freeman defended Woodgate successfully in August 2008, after the footballer was allegedly caught doing 85mph (135km/h) in a restricted zone in his Mercedes Benz S65 AMG on the A66 near Stockton-on-Tees. The judge dismissed the case as the police said the measurement was taken over a distance of 519 metres, while Freeman showed that the road section was only 405 metres long.[26]

Dwight Yorke - acquitted when a Home Office-approved speed gun could not be shown to have been used under the correct conditions of approval.[13] Freeman defended Yorke again in January 2008, whereby Yorke refused to sign police documentation to confirm he accepted he was speeding at 95mph (152km/h). Freeman advised Yorke to plead guilty to a charge of 85mph (135km/h), which resulted in a fine of £315 and 3points - keeping Yorke below 12 points, and an automatic ban.[27]

The husband of Coronation Street actress Vicky Entwistle, Andrew Chapman, was represented by Nick Freeman against an allegation that he punched a fan who approached his wife on a train and asked her for a photo. Chapman pleaded not guilty at Salford magistrates' court, but was convicted of common assault and fined

That makes me sick. Just shows the rich can get away with stuff like that. Ive always had the book thrown at me when ive been caught speeding. I remember getting 5 points just for doing 72 in a 60 once on a motorbike and there was no way they could prove it was me on the bike. But it was a case of either getting points / fine for not keeping an accurate record of who was riding the bike, or taking the speeding fine.

Had to laugh at:

"The magistrate replied: "Why would I wink at anybody? Do you think I'm gay or something?" :lol: