Humpy's Build - Update 09/11/15

Humpy

And yes on the Bumper Tuck . . but you will have to polish your diff to really make it look good :lol:

:lol: now that would be copying ;)

I am still trying to give a honest review of the Ark against the Cobra. The Ark just looks the mutts nuts and the quality of welding is something else.

Now the noise/sound comparison between the two is what I am really struggling with and to be honest this must be a massive compliment to cobra for producing an awesome sounding exhaust setup. On the journey back I think I found less drone In the cabin in general with the ark but when giving it the beans the Cobra had more of a angrier aggressive note tone. Don't get me wrong me wrong the Ark sounded awesome aswell but may just need some bedding in time. The lower gears of the Ark does seem to have a more deeper/throaty rumble .

Looks great Humpy. B)

Think you need to do a bumper tuck now though to really show off that Ark system. :D;)

I told him that this arvo too :)

Car sounded the business dude as you left my place!

:lol:

Think we just need to pile on a bit more Zed peer pressure and he'll buckle. :dry:

Come on Humpy you know it makes sense. :D

Well I might do but fingers crossed the Do-luck kit will happen sooner or later and no need for a tuck with that kit ;)

Ark exhaust - the exhaust of choice :) looking good mate!

Cannot wait to see how that looks with the Do Luck kit.

Wondered how you would find the sound on the Ark. Compared to the ripspeed back box i've got on the car at the moment it'll be a bigger change than you've noticed coming from the cobra i guess.

• Like 1

When you getting the kit bud?

Have you had those awesome wheels refurbed yet?

Wheels are being done as we speak :thumbs:

Do-Luck will be when Tarmac gets the green light, to be honest no major rush for me as my bank account has had a bit of a spanking late :lol:

Small update - A few more things sprayed ( Dipstick, Washer fluid cap etc ).

Battery cover etc currently being sprayed and played with.

e6unudyj.jpg

Just need some time to fit Mishimoto hoses and also waiting for the red bolt kit to arrive.

So much for not touching the engine bay :)

e6unudyj.jpg

Just need some time to fit Mishimoto hoses and also waiting for the red bolt kit to arrive.

Looking really good :thumbs:

Did you find the bottle caps sprayed okay?

e6unudyj.jpg

Looking really good :thumbs:

Did you find the bottle caps sprayed okay?

Yeah just the normal - primer, spray a couple of coats of colour and then lacquer.

I'm turning into Buster, wondering what else I can spray ;)

• Like 2

Looking good Steve, did you plastic primer the bottle lisa before spraying colour?...I didn't on mine, and after a few months the paint peeled right off haha.

Yaaaaarp plastic primer mate.

Btw Matt those wheels and tyres you let me borrow, did you want any tread left on ;)

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 1

If they don't come with tyres, I expect the alloys to be returned along with an ark exhaust!! :)

Your call :lol:

Car hasn't moved since I drove back from yours last Saturday so no worries ;) lol

• Like 1

So your messing under that bonne and you haven't contacted me about anything :thumbs: battery covers being played with mmmmmmmm

Damn straight I haven't :lol: I would spend a whole lot of money if I did :p

All good Steve. Coolant hoses make quite a difference I think. Heard the mishi's are good too.

Once you start with the engine bay you won't stop lol

My car lives a fair few miles away from me most of the time, are all the hoses easy accessible to change over?

To be honest I got the Mishi hose kit for a grand total of £29.76 inc delivery so for the that price I cannot moan :thumbs:

All good Steve. Coolant hoses make quite a difference I think. Heard the mishi's are good too.

Once you start with the engine bay you won't stop lol

My car lives a fair few miles away from me most of the time, are all the hoses easy accessible to change over?

To be honest I got the Mishi hose kit for a grand total of £29.76 inc delivery so for the that price I cannot moan :thumbs:

I managed to fit the samco ones without any need to jack the car or anything. Standard height though and standard front. Not sure if that would make a different for you? That would only be because of the bottom hose connection to the radiator and getting something underneath to catch the coolant.

Needed to get the old coolant out first into a bowl then used my hose clip removal tool, bit of effort to get the old pipes off.

Fitted the new ones with new jubilee clips, screwed tight.

Filled with new coolant as per the technique shown in the service manual and bob's your uncle.

My only concern was the bleeding procedure. Made sure i followed that and kept topping it up. All in think I had to put about 6 litres back in her. All worked a charm.

So you don't need many tools really.

Bloody amazing price for those pipes when I think how much I paid for the samco. Then again not many do the white ones.

• Like 1