Going back to school tomorrow

Husky

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I do some stopping distance tests tonight to bring in my own figures :lol:

After being a passenger in your Zed I would say go for it, but check first that they don't have the option to just take your license away there and then :lol:

have you been a passenger? can't remember, poor you anyhow :lol:

:lol: they would love that most of the guys that do the courses ae retired traffic officers or constables they got an answer for everything told me that 10% of the speed limit is a myth generally if your doing 31 the speed limit is 30 your breaking the law however MOST officers will pull you in based on the 10% rule but its not a fixed thing anywhere so thats not a get out clause either..charming

we might have to take husky in there caged up like hannibal :lol::lol:

Should I do some stopping distance tests tonight to bring in my own figures :lol:

After being a passenger in your Zed I would say go for it, but check first that they don't have the option to just take your license away there and then :lol:

have you been a passenger? can't remember, poor you anyhow :lol:

It's ok I am getting professional help to deal with it...

The 10% + a few thing is a guideline and officers can use their discretion. They are well within the law to do you at 31 in a 30, but most arent a**holes!

I think John should ask them if they would like a stopping distance demo. Take that Lotus they had on TG last night :lol:

The 10% + a few thing is a guideline and officers can use their discretion. They are well within the law to do you at 31 in a 30, but most arent a**holes!

I think John should ask them if they would like a stopping distance demo. Take that Lotus they had on TG last night :lol:

The 10% has always been a bit of a myth, but with car speedo's nowadays and satnavs it really isn't an excuse is it...

We all do it but when you get caught don't moan :p

Picked up my new alloy in SE London on friday and coming back along the A20 (dual carriageway) I had a Subaru right up my tailpipe in a 50mph zone just as it goes down to 40mph zone (I was doing maybe 52 and slowing down...) first opportunity he undertook me in a cacophony of noise right on a bend that I knew from memory the old bill like to sit in and catch some speeders.

Much to my delight, and the subaru owners bad luck there stood mr plod with speed gun in hand (and probably a hard-on) and pulled the car over for a chat and a ticket... As I went past I couldn't help making a little yawn gesture as I trundled along at 38mph :teeth:

The thing I did the commute for years along that stretch and I know from experience that the 50mph > 40mph change is because quite often the traffic builds up just around the bend and you can have a fairly hairy moment even going 40mph and having to hit the brakes so not just opportunistic plods with nothing to do, they are often there and for a good reason :thumbs:

Anyway enjoy your lesson Husky and don't forget to take teacher an apple ;)

Actually car speedo's over-read by quite a bit even today. By law they are not allowed to under-read so they purposfully make them over-read to cover their ass.

I had a similar bit of fun in Slough where the traffic lights lead straight into a speed cam. I gave it a few beans next to a Merc SLK who had been goading me down the road as she wanted a race. I immediately let off the gas though and let her sail through the camera on her own getting flashed :lol:

Actually car speedo's over-read by quite a bit even today. By law they are not allowed to under-read so they purposfully make them over-read to cover their ass.

I had a similar bit of fun in Slough where the traffic lights lead straight into a speed cam. I gave it a few beans next to a Merc SLK who had been goading me down the road as she wanted a race. I immediately let off the gas though and let her sail through the camera on her own getting flashed :lol:

Yeah I meant to say that they over-read a fair bit, you can usually tell by looking at the satnav, oh and as for your second paragraph I am pretty sure that could be classed as aiding and abbetting :lol:

As regards declaring it to your insurance, my son got done ( on his moped!!! ) and had to attend one. We phoned and asked his insurance after and they said it did not need to be declared as it wasn't a conviction.

Yeah I meant to say that they over-read a fair bit, you can usually tell by looking at the satnav, oh and as for your second paragraph I am pretty sure that could be classed as aiding and abbetting :lol:

I forgot to say that I just so happened to sneeze at the same time and that was the only reason I accelerated :lol:

I went on one of these courses in March 2011 ..... 36 in a 30 ........ lots of peeps there and it wasn't too bad .... no lectures just explanations of why it's good to stay within the law .... I felt sorry for the guys who had had to travel a long way ..... one from Surrey and one from Durham ....... it has changed the way I drive especially in town.

I'm surprised you didn't have to go back to Wales so that must be considered a bonus :):)

I guess they do, check out AA-drivetech i think they are running mine

Just looked up their site and they have absolutely nothing in Scotland. This has actually angered me now, why should we in Scotland not have the option of doing a course and not receive 3 penalty points?

Just looked up their site and they have absolutely nothing in Scotland. This has actually angered me now, why should we in Scotland not have the option of doing a course and not receive 3 penalty points?

hmmmmmmm, why do you get free university and we dont, maybe it's trade off :lol:

I'd rather live back home and have three points personally :lol:

hmmmmmmm, why do you get free university and we dont, maybe it's trade off :lol:

Yes, but are Scottish Universities not full of English who come up to reap the benefit? ;)