Help with fitting bumper mesh

garetgax

Anyone fairly close to me able to give me a hand to remove the bumper and the bumper slats to fit mesh into my bumper havent a clue where to start as im fairly useless at this sort of thing but would like to do it myself. Im sure theres a case or bottle of whoever give me a hands tipple. :drunk:

If not anyone suggest who could do it for me?

ta

:lol: Thats spot on Ian... Although he lives in a nice part of Ilkeston

The bumper is easy...

Check the guides section for removing bumper

Buy a Dremel 'best tool for job' and simply dremel the plastic off, fit mesh, fit bumper back on and Job done.... probably a couple of hours work

:thumbs:

Ian your so hilarious.......not. Im not from Ilkeston but have lived here ten years the longest ive ever lived anywhere given Im from a forces family. My wife however is Ilkeston born and bred and is a highly educated deputy sister on a trauma ward. She worked very hard to get there. Ilson as most locals call it has is bad points and does like derby and nottingham have its deprived areas.

I went to public school for ten years does that make me a snob? NO. I live in Ilkeston does that make me a Chav. NO. ****ing stereo types, keyboard warriors and people who think they are better than other people because they have more money, better education or whatever else makes them think they are superior to others make me sick.

Ian if your coming to Zedfest please dont say hello as if the above is your opinion your not my cup of tea mate and id rather stick pins in my eyes than be pleasant to you as that website is very f@cking offensive mate.

Tarmac/Vik many thanks for the helpful tips. I really am useless when it come to practical stuff so I think I may ask my local bodyshop to do it for me instead.

You might not have been trying to be offensive but you succeeded mate. Maybe it might have been sensible to think twice before posting a link that tbh it doesnt take a genius to work out is probably going to offend.

So I dont buy the "i only posted a link" excuse and the "over react w@anker smiley" comment says it all. You may not have been trying to offend but it was a cheap post taking the proverbial to get a few laughs at other peoples expense and you did offend.

Yes that's quite right Ian I'm constantly boozing and taking illegal drugs and I go visit my blue chip customers wearing "trackie bottoms". I live in a squat and dont insure my car etc etc.

After your responses I really dont want to meet you as your obviously a prize twit. Any normal person would have said sorry didn't mean to offend etc instead you just re-emphasize the point and try to be big and clever. Your such a funny man.

I have to say Ian if it wasn't for the nice people I've met so far from the forum your the sort that would put me off going to Zed meets etc.

Jesus.

I just caught up on this thread.

garetgax.....calm down feller. Ian wasnt meaning any offense, and you have jumped off at the deep end.

Since "Ilson" isn't the towns true name, we had to Google it.

That eventually shows us the towns real name. Like Ian, when I was trying to find out where this place was TO HELP YOU the Chav towns link came up.

Ian posted it just as I was about to.

Then you go off on a high horse rant. Over react much?

Ian is one of the nicest guys on the forum, yet you are painting him out to be some kind of snob who thinks he is better than you?

He defended himself in his last comment as to be honest, it was you who started throwing around the actual insults.

If you don't like it here, and can't take something in the light tone it was meant, I suggest you find another place to find members who will help you. I certainly won't be offering you anymore assistance, if this is the way you are going to react.

[Removed because of over reaction from forum cretin]...................so now Im a cretin. Your not trying to offend? "Ians " a nice guy. Do me a favour do nice guys call people cretins etc. Jeez . Slagging where someone lives off when you dont know them, isnt a nice thing to do period.

Over react not really guys as just take a step back and think if someone slagged off where your wife and friends are from. Also if you read my post it states if the above is Ians opinion then hes not my cup of tea. Ian could've quite easily said it was only meant in jest and sorry and that would've been then end of it instead quite the opposite.

Just so your aware Im not a big bloke, I dont do punch ups etc but Im more than happy to say exactly the same thing in person i.e I dont hide behind my keyboard. The post was insulting and given I live there I'm entitled to be insulted by it. Personally If I've ever posted something thats upset someone Im the first to say sorry. That's what grown-ups do.

Lexx anyone who lives near Derby/nottingham knows that Ilkeston is called Ilson so sorry if that confused everyone else. When I moved there I kept calling it "ilkeston" and soon got bored with being corrected all the time.

"Ians " a nice guy. Do me a favour do nice guys call people cretins etc. Jeez . Slagging where someone lives off when you dont know them, isnt a nice thing to do period.

Please do not quote me out of context. I do not appreciate being made to appear like I lie.

My comments where made prior to Ian adjusting his original post, as you well know.

you all need to calm down.....................

Ian... be honest mate.. you KNEW that by posting that link you were being derogatory about the town the guy lives in and thought you were being funny by doing so. claiming that you only posted a link so were blame free is a bit much. you knew what you were doing and although he went off at the deepend about is the adult thing to do would have been to say 'sorry mate i only meant it as a joke no harm done' rather than come straight out and call the guy a w@nker

garetgax... yes ok Ian initial post was not that nice about your town but he meant it as a joke and it was not directed at you mate. no need to go into one over it. from then on in its turned into a name calling and who can pee highest up the fence contest.

can we all take a chill pill?

if nobody agrees with me then fine but as a very much third party reading this it really doenst give the site a great look or a very friendly feel. had i read many posts like this before i joined up i probably wouldnt have bothered :dry:

back in school we would have all been made to shake hands and apologise to each other (even if we did it under our breaths and didnt mean it)

Last comment from me.

How did Tarmac get away with no abuse when he quoted my link & said thats pretty much right? :shrug::lol:

Anyway, I apologize if I offended you so much. It was posted as a joke & I assumed that it would be taken as one - obviously I was wrong & for that I apologize.

Last comment from me.

How did Tarmac get away with no abuse when he quoted my link & said thats pretty much right? :shrug::lol:

:blush: Leave me out of it you Welsh retard :lol::lol:

I did say he was from a nice part of Ilson, I was there last weekend dropping some bits off...

It just made me laugh reading that article as its nearbye, I went to the club Cristies about 10 years ago and I had to step over a guy who had just been glassed and was unconscious at the entrance, it was one rough nightclub... now theres an ALDI there :#1: ..

This comment cracked me up the most though :lol:

i liv in fkin ilson so wot i live in kirk hallam but rave up ilson evry weekend ilson is wer it at i can get weed weneva i fkin wnna so wot i **** undr age gals but dat d way ilson is lol

B):lol:

Theres rough places everywhere... every city has one... Nothing to worry about... :shrug:

Lets all play nicely ;):thumbs:

Last comment from me.

:blush: Leave me out of it you Welsh retard :lol::lol:

I did say he was from a nice part of Ilson, I was there last weekend dropping some bits off...

It just made me laugh reading that article as its nearbye, I went to the club Cristies about 10 years ago and I had to step over a guy who had just been glassed and was unconscious at the entrance, it was one rough nightclub... now theres an ALDI there :#1: ..

This comment cracked me up the most though :lol:

i liv in fkin ilson so wot i live in kirk hallam but rave up ilson evry weekend ilson is wer it at i can get weed weneva i fkin wnna so wot i **** undr age gals but dat d way ilson is lol

B):lol:

Theres rough places everywhere... every city has one... Nothing to worry about... :shrug:

Lets all play nicely ;):thumbs:

:lol: I need a proper ROFL smiley right now PMSL (at work :blush: ) :lol:

you all need to calm down.....................

Ian... be honest mate.. you KNEW that by posting that link you were being derogatory about the town the guy lives in and thought you were being funny by doing so. claiming that you only posted a link so were blame free is a bit much. you knew what you were doing and although he went off at the deepend about is the adult thing to do would have been to say 'sorry mate i only meant it as a joke no harm done' rather than come straight out and call the guy a w@nker

garetgax... yes ok Ian initial post was not that nice about your town but he meant it as a joke and it was not directed at you mate. no need to go into one over it. from then on in its turned into a name calling and who can pee highest up the fence contest.

can we all take a chill pill?

if nobody agrees with me then fine but as a very much third party reading this it really doenst give the site a great look or a very friendly feel. had i read many posts like this before i joined up i probably wouldnt have bothered :dry:

back in school we would have all been made to shake hands and apologise to each other (even if we did it under our breaths and didnt mean it)

+1

Come on guys, easy up. I am from Essex, think about what I have to put up with! :lol: