What do you think has a better chance of selling

SidewysJay

Stock.

Modified cars are generally too individual for the mass market.

and exhaust, plenum spacer, and few interior bits probs wont harm a sale. But anything like big alloy wheels, bodykits etc will cause delays in a sale.

There is also a wide held opinion by none petrolheads that all modified cars have been thrashed by chavs.

Stock.

Modified cars are generally too individual for the mass market.

and exhaust, plenum spacer, and few interior bits probs wont harm a sale. But anything like big alloy wheels, bodykits etc will cause delays in a sale.

There is also a wide held opinion by none petrolheads that all modified cars have been thrashed by chavs.

+1

Plus.... errr.... your username might not help either :lol:

I have to agree that when I was looking for my Zed I wanted a stock/standard as the ' stereo typical ' thought was that if it was modded etc that there would be a greater chance of it being thrashed.

Stock, always. Even plenum spacers and the like would probably be frowned on. :)

The only exception Ive seen to this rule is people buying JDM cars from auction with a view to modifying/racing them, in those cases its often cheaper to buy modded in the first place but these are pretty small parts of the car buying demographic. :thumbs:

hmmmm. I've just been through this process with my TT.

I put it up for a high price,with the mods still on (nothing crazy: Remap, rims, lowered, few carbon bits, induction etc) and got the full price. In fact i got a grand more that i paid for it 2.5 years ago!!! :scare:

There are definitely people out there who want one already sorted.... So i would say try it with for a while first...

As long as it's mint, low miles and looks improved, as opposed to modified ;) i think you can shift it.

Definately stock. Not only that, but you will never make your money back on the mods you have done if you sell the car with them on. You will be better off taking off any mods and selling those seperately which will give you more cash.

As Lexx said, any cars which are modified, people assume have been thrashed by chavs. Most buyers would rather buy an original car, then modify it themselves.

Some mods you may be able to get away with, such as a sports exhaust and maybe different wheels. But, nothing too mad, and again, they wont boost the price you get by the car by as much as if you sold them seperately.