Top Gear - my way!

thebesh

I just wonder if anyone else watches Top Gear my way!

i.e - I record it, or pause it and let it get 30mins into the programme before I start to watch.

The reason for doing so is I cannot STAND the "news" section which screams of pre-scripted nonsense that tries to make all the boys seem witty and funny with their "off the cuff" remarks. I fast forward this - also god forbid they have "filler" sections like this week's pulling caravan's on a train track - errr yeah guys this is what I'm sure ALL the motoring public are interested in.

So I can usually make my own edit of Top Gear and take an hour programme into a watchable 25-30min programme.

I just wonder if anyone else watches Top Gear my way!

i.e - I record it, or pause it and let it get 30mins into the programme before I start to watch.

Did you miss the Jag vs GTR then?

I'd rewind it to the beginning if I were you ;)

I wouldn't think so :p

I know there is a top gear thread - but I just wondered if anyone else thought it was only 30mins of watchable tv?

The car stuff is all pretty good - although I'm VERY cyincal about their challenges (i.e the other week when they were in the hot hatches and isn't it just typical that Richard loses his car, James ends up on top of a bridge, oh it's just a laugh a minute)

I just wish they did more reviews/interviews than fill the show with stuff like making train cars, or cars that will go across the English channel, etc.

I saw the GTR stuff - just awesome. When they get it right they do it well, so why bother with the filler?

I would agree mate, the challenges are for their benefit and not the viewers. I am sure they are bored of reviewing cars and just enjoy messing around doing daft stuff. Its probably in their contract.

Interviews, reviews and car match ups are the way to go...shame they don't care about their viewers views anymore.

Still...once my blog becomes a national TV show that will all change ;)

Top Gear is just another entertainment program now, but sometimes they get things right and sometimes - like this week, it's just a poor try and comedy. The Goodies were doing this 20 years ago!

Still, the section on the GTR was spot on. And if anyone saw the film they did on Senna last year then that's when they get it so right!

I can put up with the 'News' section but the challenge they did this week was boring shitw which could have been shown in 5 mins rather than 30. Glad they don't do this every week!