Estimated price to get bushes sorted?

chriswillis

I have a creaking noise coming from the offside rear suspension, most noticeable when I go over bumps slowly whilst turning or parking up on a curb etc. It's rather quite annoying.

I am told by a mechanic mate that visited me recently (he didn't have time to look at it) that it is definitely warn bushes making the noise so therefore I am pretty convinced as he has 40 odd years experience with mechanics.

Questions is, does anyone know the easiest way to firstly diagnose the problem. Secondly, the cheapest and easiest option (I am presuming if one side if fooked then I may as well sort the other at the same time). Thirdly, where would be the most competent but also cheapest place I could go local to me to get it looked and or sorted... I am in Northampton. Frothily, is it a possible DIY???

Thanks for your help guys/girls. Much appreciated for any help :)

Chris

As the guys have said probably drop links.

Disconnect the rear links and tie them up out the way and take the car for a gentle spin round the block. If the noise is gone then it would be safe to say that the noise is from the drop links.

I keep the upgraded Niisan links in stock as well as the PowerGrid adjustable ones.

Drop me a pm if I can help you further Chris :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Just dont what ever you do go to a nissan dealer - they will charge you an arm and a leg. Get one from the traders here is your best bet :thumbs:

Yeah....probably a "Banana Arm and a Leg" :lol::lol::lol: they don't like just replacing just the bushes at the stealerships as far as I can tell from investigations!

Thanks for all the responses guys. What exactly are the "drop links" I am useless with cars.. I will disconnect if i know what they are (anyone got a pic to show me? or a guide?)

I have got the car lowered on Eibachs with spacers too and i have had something replaced in the rear suspension by Cougar Store about a year ago (so they could sort tracking properly) - it is a small bar each side with a bend in it also made by eibach if this helps??

Thanks for all the responses guys. What exactly are the "drop links" I am useless with cars.. I will disconnect if i know what they are (anyone got a pic to show me? or a guide?)

I have got the car lowered on Eibachs with spacers too and i have had something replaced in the rear suspension by Cougar Store about a year ago (so they could sort tracking properly) - it is a small bar each side with a bend in it also made by eibach if this helps??

They will be adjustable camber arms to allow correct alignment after lowering the car. Drop links are the bits that connect the anti-roll bars (or sway bars) to the car.

In the guides ;)

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=50937

Cheers for the link mate.

So you lot reckon this should be the cause of noise? Someone said above about 'clunking' but mine is definitely not clunking.. It is creaking. If I go up a curb slowly it will gradually creak depending how fast I am moving, no sudden clunk or anything.

You guys still think it's my drop links??

He goes up curbs!!? :scare::scare:;)

Cheers for the link mate.

So you lot reckon this should be the cause of noise? Someone said above about 'clunking' but mine is definitely not clunking.. It is creaking. If I go up a curb slowly it will gradually creak depending how fast I am moving, no sudden clunk or anything.

You guys still think it's my drop links??