Boxing vs Mma which do you prefer ??

Boxing vs Mma Which do you prefer ???  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Boxing vs Mma Which do you prefer ???

• Boxing
    • Mma
    • None

MMA for me, seen UFC in Manchester but would love to see it in Vegas

Boxing can be a bit boring, I enjoyed watching Hatton and Calzaghi but in my lifetime there's never been anyone else better than watching Iron Mike Tyson... That's when he was in his early 20's and there wasn't stupid pay per view robbing bar stools !!

Chuck Liddell was my favourite MMA fighter till he turned crap

Chuck Liddell was my favourite MMA fighter till he turned crap

:lol: he is getting old which slowed him right down plus he just relied on his over hand right. just look at the likes of randy couture and Mark coleman they were great in there time but the new blood destroy them with the speed and new technique, the Mma world evolves fast and if you don't keep up your spat out fast .

Av had two fights so far and to be far it's the most under rate sport ever the amount of training and technical prep the fighter have to go through is insane . I think it's about time it was recognised as a sport and the fighters given the credit they deserve

Anderson silva is my fav as his technique and speed is unreal but I think his rain will be over soon .

I also like john jone's he has crazy skill

Since I started watching MMA I can't go back to boxing, unless its someone like Pacman. The fights just seem so tame and get stopped for a little cut above the eye whereas MMA just let's it go on until you physically can't go on anymore, much more entertaining :thumbs:

Carwin_bloody_face_large.jpg

i love my boxing, used to box years ago, don't mind the odd match on the telly, if i'm honest i've not watched any MMA so can only comment on the boxing.

both sports are physically demanding, but just like football the money is spoiling the sport.

Not watched much UFC, but boxing can be entertaining depending on who you watch. I still remember being utterly in awe watching the Eubank vs. Benn fights...around that time there were a lot of great middleweights.

Tyson was utterly brilliant, I remember seeing him for the first time against Trevor Berbick on TV and just couldnt believe the speed and power. We seem to just see the little guy always backing away from the big guy nowadays in boxing, Tyson just went after the big guys and brutalised them.

i don't enjoy the heavy weight fights as much as some of the lighter classes,

prince nassem was quiet good to watch, and i really enjoy the boxing in the olympics as its far more technical, and points based. and alot more seems to happen. some of the mexican, cuban and south american boxers are very entertaining.

Tyson was utterly brilliant, I remember seeing him for the first time against Trevor Berbick on TV and just couldnt believe the speed and power. We seem to just see the little guy always backing away from the big guy nowadays in boxing, Tyson just went after the big guys and brutalised them.

+1 on that

Love him or hate him, the early years of his career were the most exciting Heavy weight fights since Ali..... Don't think we will get that level of interest for a while..... Pay per View has ruined it a bit for me, not that im tight, I paid my £16 on Saturday, I just think it takes the sport out of the mainstream.

UFC until they fall over ;)

:lol: Nobody likes to see two men rolling around hugging each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Jiu-Jitsu if any ones interested

bjj (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) is and has been a big factor in mma and alot of people dont understand it and find it boring but if you take the time to learn it you would see its more than "two man rolling about" for instance -for every position on the ground there is at least two transition, two defences or two attacks .

if you watch the early years of ufc it can show you how powerful it really is, take Royce Gracie vs Akebono for example the little man should never win but with the use of bjj its possible

in the early years of ufc there were no rules , no glove , no weight classes.

so Royce Gracie brought bjj to the ufc and dominated every oponent no matter how much bigger they were by taking them to the floor and puting them in situations were no one had been before or been used to .

in mma knowledge is power , ignorance can get you knocked th f@*k out :lol:

MMA all the way for me.

I used to compete in Kickboxing, winning myself a couple of medals in the process. I also trained in BJJ and dabbled in a few other disciplines. MMA is my true passion in life and I could watch the fights all day (and often do).

I did use to watch boxing on tv, back when Eubank, Benn, Naseem were in their prime. As it went onto PPV more and more, I lost interest (and didn't have the pocket money to cover it). MMA has always been very entertaining for me though. It is just far more technical, but also has much more incredible highlights compared to boxing. You would never ever ever see anything as entertaining in boxing as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7oRb5Knjc

If any of you are interested, I have my own MMA Facebook page and a new website on the way very soon. The Facebook page is in it's infancy (sMMAsh.co.uk), so I'm always looking for new members :)

http://tinyurl.com/sMMAsh

UFC until they fall over ;)

:lol: Nobody likes to see two men rolling around hugging each other.

in the early years of ufc there were no rules , no glove , no weight classes.

so Royce Gracie brought bjj to the ufc and dominated every oponent no matter how much bigger they were by taking them to the floor and puting them in situations were no one had been before or been used to .

Yeah, Ive been watching it since UFC 10 or so, just far, far prefer striking battles to ground and pound. Lots of respect for the guys that do it mind you :thumbs:

I heard that to try to make it safer after 4/5 of them the authorities decided gloves needed to be worn in the ring. All this actually achieved was a large increase in head injuries as thew guys could punch full strength without breaking their hands :D

was going to say, boxing with out gloves is far safer. yes there might be more blood, but the blunt trauma caused is far less. i used to drink with an old boy who bare knuckle boxed. he was a machine and i think he was still boxing in traveller camps at the age of 60. :scare: hands like shovels.