HELP TRACING SCOTTISH BIKER

Vik54

Those of you I saw at the weekend already know I was involved in an accident with a biker on the A8000 heading south on Thursday 23rd June at about 10:45am.

When I tried to get his details (or maybe it was when he saw Gary get out the car :lol: ) he drove off :blink:

Bike was black / grey and had reg WR59 ORY - (the final 'R' may be a K - it was partially obscured) The rider was Scottish, about 6ft2. broad set, ginger/fair haired with a lot of freckles, probably mid 30s, dressed in entirely black leathers with black helmet and visor and was accompanied by another bike that was red/white red with red/white/black leathers and helmet.

So far Police have no leads - even though Gary was actually on the phone with them as the biker drove off they don't seem to have switched on the numerous cameras in the area and the reg plate as I took it comes up as a car registered down south. They are checking cameras and different plate combinations though :shrug:

I'm facing a significant claim against my own insurance if we don't trace him :dummy: - TBH - even if we do I doubt he's insured but I really want to see him prosecuted for fake plates and leaving the scene :)

We've already posted on FB as we know a fair few bikers in Dundee, Fife and Angus ;) but any further viral spread can only help :thumbs:

That was a horrible piece of luck Viki :thumbdown: , from what looks like a cowardly pair of selfish twats. I don't do the social networking site's myself (due to being computer illiterate), but I'll certainly ask my biker mates if they know anything :thumbs:

What's the damage Vik? How did he manage to get back on his bike afterwards and ride off?

Purely cosmetic Craig - N/S rear - I didn't knock him off - he came into me and wasn't even unseated - pulled onto hard shoulder got off bike to speak to me then when he conferred with his mate they drove off :shrug:

Maybe fake plates i guess, how can bikes get away with the stupid little plates you can hardly read anyway?

They can't. Bikes have to adhere to the same rules and regulations on numberplates as cars.

Hi Vik, sorry about the bad news..... bet your gutted....... :thumbdown:

Try this website as it is run by the RAC...... Here you can place a reg number in it and it will tell you make and model...... with a few tweaks and combinations you might just be able to nail this Bas@##'d....... Hope this helps............... Not sure this is only for cars but worth a shot......... :thumbs:

http://www.rac.co.uk/products-services/car-data-checks/

Try this one Vik as well as this is for Bikes....... :thumbs:

https://www.mymotorcyclecheck.com/

Cheers Jamie :thumbs:

Funnily enough, when you enter the reg WR59 OTY in it comes up as a Kawasaki Zx 1000 E9f.

Again, funny how the local constabulary still haven't got back to us about tracing the vehicles owner after having over a week "checking cameras and different plate combinations", yet after trying for a few minutes on a public internet site we manage to get a bike with a scarily similar design :dry:

:yahoo: Nice one Gary now go get them.............. :boxing: Glad to of helped.............. :thumbs:

Try this one Vik as well as this is for Bikes....... :thumbs:

https://www.mymotorcyclecheck.com/

Cheers Jamie :thumbs:

Funnily enough, when you enter the reg WR59 OTY in it comes up as a Kawasaki Zx 1000 E9f.

Again, funny how the local constabulary still haven't got back to us about tracing the vehicles owner after having over a week "checking cameras and different plate combinations", yet after trying for a few minutes on a public internet site we manage to get a bike with a scarily similar design :dry:

You could try on MCN ninjas site too then.....

You have a make and model so hit the local bike forums. Someone will know them.

The police should be able to act though to be honest.

[The police should be able to act though to be honest.]...............that implies

a) they give a toss

B) are competent enough to do their jobs

c) havent met what ever stupid targets they have this month

I bet rather than going out and policing and finding the scroats they will be sitting in a layby drinking coffee or hiding behind a hedgerow in a van with a speed gun. Even if they do find them they wont prosecute...........I had a guy opposite my friend a few years back reverse into my tomcat and drive off. 3 teenagers knocked on my freinds door and told me what he'd done and also that he'd "told them not to say anything". Reported it and he paid up but the police just gave him a warning :bang: .

Vik really hope you find him and I'm wrong in this case about the dibble.

Oh and if there are any dibble on here who are offended by my views.......sorry but I really dont give a @~*" their my opinions and you dont have to like them.

Really sorry to hear...hope you find him.

His manhood needs chopping off....he's not a man anyway...he doesn't need it.

And adding to the above opinion I believe you should be allowed to catch him up and knock him off his bike grrrrrr

What annoys me the most is I had just said to Gary to be careful putting a fag out the window because of the amount of bikers that were whizzing down the middle of the two lanes of stationary traffic which had been backed up for a couple of miles.

The first thing I said to the bloke was "Are you alright?" his response - "you not got mirrors then?" :bang:

I was in the outside lane which was begining to merge into one lane to join a slip, lorry to my nearside had allowed me in, I was indicating and had just double checked over my shoulder I didn't just rely on mirrors and HE WAS NOT THERE WHEN I COMMITTED if he had been he would've gone over the top of my nose or into the nearside door - not the rear quarter panel and bumper :angry: **** :bang::bang::bang:

I'm pretty sure that if you have reasonable grounds (in your case I'm sure you do!!) you can write to the DVLA and find out who the registered keeper of a vehicle is. If you have an incident number this might help. Really worth pursuing IMHO.

If you were one of those conspiracy theory types you might think that the police don't want to pursue it because it was one of their's off duty :ninja: