Postman Pat Jap style! (pics for Bronzee)

stanski

When the new Nissan Cube came out, I was'nt too taken by it and still fancied the earlier ones.

Recently it dawned on me the Mazda MX5 was just not as practical as I thought, the time had come to look around for a replacement. :D

Surfing Autotrader weeks on end I kept drifting towards Cubes again, although they were always too far away to go and see so never bothered, however reading that Nissan UK have dropped it from the listing and the prices have tumbled enough to make it a more cost effective option than paying for a Jap import with no history!

We saw one recently that was from a 'good Jap importer' listed as mint inside and out - the sill was bashed in there was a dint on every panel and paint falling off ! :angry:

So a bit more surfing I find out they made a limited edition (100 of) in Bitter Chocolate Brown with cream interior trim and Chocolate coloured velour seats! B)

Odd as that may sound on paper in the flesh it works well.

So after a wasted trip up North to Sunderland (never ever ever again - Evans Halshaw :yuck: )

I purchased a mint ex demo for a fraction of the price just up the road (typical!)

There were concerns of course and all the motoring journalists slag it off for bad handling and no performance - what a load of tosh! Have these people actually driven one or are they like Top Gear where they just hate Jap cars?

We love it - what a cool car its fully loaded, goes well, nippy and holds its own on the motorway, yes dont drive it on a roundabout like you stole it but otherwise spot on! What a shame Nissan UK did'nt advertise it at all (other than some poncy ad on the web for Londoners!)

So here it is.......... (you can laugh now! :lol: ) Another Stan Marmite car :teeth:

ULqy4vDwut.jpg

JIeBZApA3o.jpg

MXoZltb4Ya.jpg

I do actually want to mod this car (I know its not like me) but I deffo want some nice alloys for it - maybe 17inchers?

Problem is the PCD is 4x 114.3mm and I am having trouble finding wheels for it?

Can anyone suggest anywhere that might sell that size please? :surrender:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha trust me you have to see the seats in the flesh - the pics give off an odd (1970's type patina!!) They are like Triumph Dolomite seats !! Really comfy but they dont half grip your bum !! (too much info)

I was'nt keen on the white it looks like a van for me?

I intend to lower suspension eventually but that depends the speed bumps near me are evil and it just sails over them so maybe stiffer shocks, springs etc and 17 in wheels to fill the arches a bit might do the trick?

Just need to find rims that will fit this PCD and also look nice and not chavvy!

Im sure you can get a decent set of rims off ebay? :shrug:

May I ask how much you paid for it?

lets just say the price of the Gen 2 version is not far off the price of the new and you get a UK warranty and parts etc.

I know some bits of the styling I was'nt too happy about but now when I see a Gen2 it looks so dated compared to mine - the interior on mine is superior to the old for a fact!

Thanks guys you should know me by now - I cant just buy a normal sensible car I have to buy an odd ball sensible car - and it is extremely sensible. How many cars can you name with hooks for your takeaway, so you dont spill your sushi or curry all over your velour chocolate seats! :lol:

Any alloy wheel ideas folks? I fancy nice silver ones (to show off the dark paint) with a suitable lip (to polish of course) and maybe thicker spokes rather than the current trend for skilly spokes etc?

Think the older Nissan Cubes were brilliant. I nearly bought one a few years ago. Did consider a European Spec one recently with the proper handbrake fitted but cannot say the looks did much for me; think the European model a bit ugly. Saying that it is a great car and really practical. Nissan Micra technology so well proven.

If you can overcome the revamped looks, I would say a top buy in my book :thumbs:

Look at Nissan Micra alloys. Double check but these should fit ok :thumbs:

Thanks mate - yes I was'nt keen on the revised look (gen 3) either but its grewn on me now and looks better in the darker colour I think?

Think your right about Micra alloys ? will have a look around.

For the money its a great package with good handling and nippy response plus its easy to find in a car park! :D

Well Ania loves it anyway for our family trips out and thats all that matters (a few years before she is embarressed to be seen in it I think!)

Well I had a seat in one in the dealership when it was first released in the UK and I must say it is possibly the most practical car I have ever seen! The looks are very marmite. I quite like them in a quirky way, in the same way big citroens look amazing.

Perfet for the family Stan, looking forward to seeing it - especially with it's first mod fitted! :D

Thanks Stew yes its very practical and as you say not to everyones taste perfect for a loon like me then! ;)

Washed it tonight have to say really easy with the shape but then i blackfire waxed it!!! Crazy thing to do just as its getting dark! What a swine that was to do but has really pulled out the deep colour in it and shows the purple nicely, sort of dark intelargos fire. Love it :teeth:

First mod is private plate which should be next week all being well.

So here it is.......... (you can laugh now! :lol: ) Another Stan Marmite car :teeth:

Would you like butter with that, and slice of bread?! :p:lol: Only teasing, it's not bad at all. There's a forum in the US for these, they have a bit of a following over there. Can't remember the addy though.

Colour sounds nice. Can we have a close up shot of the paint in the sun please?

Oh, and what about a set of 17" or even 18" Z rims if that spins your wheels, it's the same stud pattern. ;)