First Time Poster With Questions

Hi All.

This is my first post so please be gentle.

I am looking at a 53 plate 350z with 73000 miles on the clock. It has the GT Pack, but after a test drive I noticed a slight knocking coming from the off side front wheel when turning right, usually when going round a mini roundabout. Should alarm bells be ringing?

The price they are asking for is £8895 is this pretty good or higher than the norm. The car also have the lightweight alloys on them.

What could the cost be to get this fixed?

Also I take it that the next main service is at 80000 miles if so how much would this cost?

I am also taken with the Roadster version but am unsure as to what the drive would be like in the winter months. Is there any extra noise from the soft top i.e. pelting rain, gale force winds and the like permeating into the cockpit.

Is there any significant performance difference between the Coupe and the Roadster?

All help, gratefully received. This purchase will be a big step up from my Puma Black :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Put "clunk" into the search and see what matches your symptoms.

I have no issues with a roadster over winter, I used to use it for work and road noise has never been an issue.

The roadster is heavier though if thats an issue.

I would have thought that price was a little on the high side.

Hi All.

This is my first post so please be gentle.

I am looking at a 53 plate 350z with 73000 miles on the clock. It has the GT Pack, but after a test drive I noticed a slight knocking coming from the off side front wheel when turning right, usually when going round a mini roundabout. Should alarm bells be ringing?

Could be drop links, not too expensive

The price they are asking for is £8895 is this pretty good or higher than the norm. The car also have the lightweight alloys on them.

On the expensive side, maybe 7-8 if its A1

What could the cost be to get this fixed?

Also I take it that the next main service is at 80000 miles if so how much would this cost?

Service is at 81K, should be P1 - about £150 I think.

I am also taken with the Roadster version but am unsure as to what the drive would be like in the winter months. Is there any extra noise from the soft top i.e. pelting rain, gale force winds and the like permeating into the cockpit.

Is there any significant performance difference between the Coupe and the Roadster?

I've got a coupe so don't know about noise. Convertible is a bit heavier though.

All help, gratefully received. This purchase will be a big step up from my Puma Black :)

thanks for the help so far.

could the knocking be bushes wearing out? if so what would the cost be to get those fixed? and would you take it to a main dealer for this?

DC

Possibly, take it to a decent independent and get it inspected.

Also check if the car is an import as this will affect both the purchase price (imports are cheaper) and most likely your insurance premium (imports are more expensive).

Imports generally have square rear number plates rather than the rectangular ones.

FWIW, if there is any doubt about service history I'd get a P3 or independent equivalent service pretty sharpish. This will cost between £300-400 according to my research so I'd use that as a haggling point with the vendor.

Oops! Forgot - welcome. :thumbs:

if it is bushes, dealership will sell you a whole banana arm, Bushes they cant sell on there own so will be expensive BUT zmanalex here (see member traders) can supply the bushes on there own. youjust need a garage with a bush pressing tool to install) Like others have said, best to get inspection done first

:welcome:

would you trust icarcheck.net valuations and reports please?

£7.99 seems quite pricey but in the grand scale of things I suppose it's peace of mind in a way.

Half price: click.

sweet code still works, thanks for that the car checks out fine. just need to check the service history before I make an offer.

Because the asking price is pretty much top dollar, depending on service history and/or when next service is due, state of tyres, yada-yada, yada, I'd be offering £8,000 tops.

BTW, the icarcheck service gives a pretty good ball-park figure - does it agree with the vendor's valuation?