Charger or 'Tang Convertible Hire in Florida?

slimjim

Off to Florida for 10 days at the end of the month...

We have a "standard "car as part of our deal.

But I was thinking of putting a little xtra cash in to upgrade.

Looking on the Dollar site, I could go for a Dodge Charger ... or a Mustang Convertible.

Gonna be too hot in Orlando for the top down anyway June/July?

What do people recon? B)

I recon you are a lucky sod!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Yeah... getting excited now! :yahoo:

We are going to be traveling a bit... as the villa is 30 mins away from International drive...

But we will be parking up 5 days out of the 14 at the theme parks... so is there any point plumping for a better car?

Should I save my £150 and have a P3 or something when I get back?

I am off to florida at the end of the month also for two weeks :yahoo: .......and what is even better is its all expenses paid! :lol:

I was there and upgraded to the stang. It was a nice big meaty bit of car but I was disappointed with the way it drove and more often than not it was too hot to put the top down. :lol: I say keep it stock and spend your money on something nice for yourself or your zed!

Maybe some pads for the inevitable change....

Panel filter.

Small stuff you can get in your case's.

Not sure WHERE I would buy that kinda ting from in the states?

I am off to florida at the end of the month also for two weeks :yahoo: .......and what is even better is its all expenses paid! :lol:

I was there and upgraded to the stang. It was a nice big meaty bit of car but I was disappointed with the way it drove and more often than not it was too hot to put the top down. :lol: I say keep it stock and spend your money on something nice for yourself or your zed!

Where are you gonna be bud?

We will be in Davenport 30 mins from Orlando from the 28th....

charger :thumbs:

That's what I was thinking.... Gonna be too hot for a convertible...

Although I think Tam thinks it might be a cool idea.

We might just have to wait to see what "offers" they have when we get there ;)

Hi Slim,

I go to the states all the time for me hol's and have found the cheapest car hire with best options for car ranges are either

"usrentacar" or "networkflights" with the later just click the car hire section. Always opt for the top insurance as you get a full tank of gas as well as extra drivers for free. Has to be a consideration, just been to Florida myself last month, used network flights to book a full size with Gold Insurance which cost £23.00 than the standard insurance and got a Ford Taurus with a full tank of gas which was worth more than £23.00, could have had a Charger or Ford Edge also for £158.00 I paid for the week.

PS. Taurus better than the Charger by a mile!! eventhough i hate Fords. :yuck::yuck:

Don't get stung for the extra $8 bucks a day to cover lost keys and flat tyres, if you read it that's all it will cover, if the car fails and breaks down it is covered by recovery/breakdown .etc. quick buck maker for preying on your fear. :scare:

It may be too hot in June/July for top down in Florida unless you get a big cowboy hat and Factor 30 it to the max.

Went to Texas last month and hired a Mustang convertible. They are really terrible cars but lots of fun cruising and top down singing along to rock/country radio is just fantastic.

I'd always go top down because you can't go fast in the States anyway and you will always regret the moments when taking the hood down would have been just the best but you didn't have the choice. :thumbs:

Thanks for all the replies peeps!

Yeah, I read your thread Captain... and I also posted on yours Stew! :)

Gonna just get there and see what they can offer me when I get there. If it is under £100 for a Charger, I will go for it (ontop of what I have all ready paid for in my package)

Other wise, I will save the money and spend it on Tam :thumbs:

Temps in Florida will be in the mid 30's (mid 90's F), so I'd say a soft top would be feasible, although it does rain an awful lot in the afternoons and evenings :)

Pete

Temps in Florida will be in the mid 30's (mid 90's F), so I'd say a soft top would be feasible, although it does rain an awful lot in the afternoons and evenings :)

Pete

Yup... there is also that issue. Too hot in the morning... showers in the afternoon-evening...