Help Newbee

bubbagross

Hi Guys,

Just signed agreement on a 370z GT roadster in Black Rose, pick it up next saturday...

As a previous owner of the 350z I swear by the pop charger and grounding kit which i fitted.

I notice there is a pop charger kits for the 370, but who in the UK can supply it (before next Saturday :-)))

Also where can I get a grounding kit from in the UK ?

Many thanks

Forget a pop charger on the 370z, you'll loose power. Wouldnt bother with a grounding kit either, they only ever made a difference to older Zeds from what I've seen (I had one on my 53 350z and it worked well).

IMO get a set of Stillen Gen 3s and Stillen exhuast if you want a good intake/exhaust combo as they can be shipped together. Tarmac should be able to get these reasonably priced for you.

Exhaust is the main thing you want to change on the 370z TBH, get rid of the secondary cats and free up a bit of power and noise. Then get a map from UpRev to fully release its potential :drive1

Slight thread jack but still kind of relevant, what performance improvement is gained from each step mentioned above Chris...

I've heard the Stillen exhaust provides an extra 18 (hp/bhp?) but what about the intake and remap??? Also, does all this fettling stuff up the mpg or does the remap balance things out OK??

I'm desperate for more noise, but not too much, just attempting to save a bit up, but guess all of the above weights in at about £2k (the exhaust is £1300 alone) which, with another little one coming in September, might be a step too far.

Anyway, I'm sure the reply will be of interest to the OP, but apologies for jumping in...

Exhaust will net you around 15-18HP (fly) but only after a remap it appears. Colin had his exhaust changed and his stock map showed roughly only Nissan claimed figures. Once UpRev'd he showed a gain of around 15HP@hubs

Intakes on the other hand are a funny one. My car with intakes and exhaust on stock map gave about 10HP more than Nissan claimed figures, so intakes made a bit of power. They do this by altering the intake diameter and making the car run leaner. After an UpRev map however, I gained another few HP which put me neigh on equal to Colins car.

Abbey will tell you (and I agree) bang for buck the best option is an exhaust with Y-pipe (that removes secondary cats) and panel filters are the best mods to do. I got the Stillen intakes as they add a bit of bling and noise to the equation while not reducing power - which Abbey have shown on the 350z the open cone filters (pop charger et al) does loose a few HP.

HTH :thumbs: