Purchasing CAT D repaired, resprayed

zcomputer5

Looks to be in very good condition, guess only bad side would be is that it is imported!

Make him an offer of £6k? ;)

I would prefer it in white, but there doesn't seem to be many around.

Looks to be in very good condition, guess only bad side would be is that it is imported!

I would prefer it in white, but there doesn't seem to be many around.

You can always have it wrapped for an extra £8/900 or so and that will make it look like new again ;)

The white does look very B) but they are hard to come across!

OK well I am viewing it tomorrow so I will inspect the repair work them, but I think I will aim for a maximum price of 5.5k though thats a dam cheap 350z.

Make sure you inspect the bits that "weren't in the accident" as well. If this guy is as much of a chump as you reckon then other area's might be affected.

It doesn't take much to write a car off these days so you might get lucky. RAC inspection is a definite and if I was you I'd go a step further and take it to your local trusty mech (if you have one) - slip him a few quid and as him for a proper expert opinion.

I just had a look at the car and I am very disappointed. The car appear mechcanically sound but the paint work is very bad, it appears to me that they have just respray the white paint straight on top of the orange paint! There are also cracks in the paint of the bumper and stone chips where the orange shows through. I have a few pictures of the paintwork white I will post later when I am back home.

Well at least you know, and good work on just walking away its easy to convince yourself otherwise.

Put a Wanted ad up on this site and you will get a few guys contact you with some very nice examples...

Well at least you know, and good work on just walking away its easy to convince yourself otherwise.

Put a Wanted ad up on this site and you will get a few guys contact you with some very nice examples...

Thanks I will do. I just don't know where to get a white one from maybe ill have to change my colour preference.

Glad you scratched that itch and things are good.

The members may rip in at times,but that is because they care about zed owners. New or old.

Enough of the slush,good luck hunting. :thumbs:

Oh and Sunset all the way..............they are quicker. :p (I await an ear bashing)

If your looking for a White one and don't mind it being an import, I found this one on pistonheads that may be of interest to you, looks lovely in White :thumbs:B)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2595677.htm

Hope the link works

That is nice. :thumbs: More money than he wanted to pay I think though.

I'd like to hear/see the zorst.

Thanks I will do. I just don't know where to get a white one from maybe ill have to change my colour preference.

Plenty of Silver Zeds down at the £6k-£7k mark, and RT Performance on here are doing some discounts on wrapping have a chat with them about wrapping it. I popped in there the other day and Tarras had a white matte wrap on his Zed which looked and felt stunning.

My car is a Cat C... And drives, looks, feels PERFECT...

If the car has been damaged and repaired well, checked and cleared - you should have no problems at all!

There's a member on here (username iludes me) that has just taken a write off and almost rebuilt the whole of 1 side and you would never know the difference!!

Plenty of Silver Zeds down at the £6k-£7k mark, and RT Performance on here are doing some discounts on wrapping have a chat with them about wrapping it. I popped in there the other day and Tarras had a white matte wrap on his Zed which looked and felt stunning.

Where are these zeds for sale around 6k? I haven't seen any? Also how much do you think it would cost to wrap a zed? Thanks!

1st one is overpriced to me - import and higher miler compared to what you can get........methinks your getting lead astray by White cars ;)

2nd one looks good - UK GT spec, cheaper and lower miles. Leather is a little ropey but you can get good kits to bring it back to life. Zorst doesn't look stock to me - stainless aftermarket job.

If your pitching tent for a white one just get the cheapest tightest Zed you can find and get it wrapped. I think your looking at about a grand for a wrap but pm RT Performance for a quote (seen their work in the flesh and its top notch).

Don't be put off by the fact that it is an import. All Zs are built in the same factory in Japan. Just check what extras you are getting as the JDM specs are different from the UK ones.

1st one is overpriced to me - import and higher miler compared to what you can get........methinks your getting lead astray by White cars ;)

2nd one looks good - UK GT spec, cheaper and lower miles. Leather is a little ropey but you can get good kits to bring it back to life. Zorst doesn't look stock to me - stainless aftermarket job.

If your pitching tent for a white one just get the cheapest tightest Zed you can find and get it wrapped. I think your looking at about a grand for a wrap but pm RT Performance for a quote (seen their work in the flesh and its top notch).

Well I think I will look at the one on autotrader tomorrow and take a few pictures of the exhaust and post them up so I can get peoples thoughts. I was just wondering can I test drive cars from a dealer even though I personally don't have insurance, I am just a named driver on my mums policy at the moment. Do they have insurance? Thanks.

Where are these zeds for sale around 6k? I haven't seen any? Also how much do you think it would cost to wrap a zed? Thanks!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=299&dist=10&pc=&min=&max=6501&y1=&y2=&txt=&px=&filter=TP&o=p&Submit=Search

A few kicking around here. Mostly imports but if you only want to spend £6k-£7k thats what you will get. I think RT Performance were looking at something like £800/£900 to wrap a car, check with them drop them a PM.

I asked a mate once about colours and was it important to him when choosing a car, he quite aptly said "Yes it was very important to me, which in hindsight was a mistake"...