giffgaff - anyone using them?

Chris`I

Looking to move my iPhone off contract to PAYG, and giffgaff seem to have some good offers. I use my phone mainly for texts and internet but need a few free minutes too if possible, definately dont need massive amounts of anything that you get with a contract.

As giffgaff is basically O2, it has a very good network/coverage for 3G which is important. We've found that Vodafone arent as good as O2, and not sure about Orange/T-mobile (whatever they call themselves these days).

Just wondering if anyone here is using them and has any feedback? I want to move my number and dont want to get my PAC to then move it again somewhere else! ;)

My wife and two sons are now solid GIFFGAFF fans. Our costs have come down and the goodybag purchase stuff is really easy once you get into the swing of it. Every month you will get a statement showing you what you've used and if you would have been better off choosing a different goodybag etc. Coverage has been spot on and the free internet seems to keep being applied. All +ve here. Customer service also seems good even if it is via email or a forum community.

So it's a :#1: from me.

As soon as my Orange contract has finished I'm moving to giffgaff.

I just swapped over my girlfriends phone from Orange to giffgaff. Simple and much cheaper, I'd do the same if I wasn't in a Vodafone contract. But then again I'm paying £10pm for 600mins/unl text/unl data!

The community based customer service from giffgaff is top notch though, very very helpful :thumbs:

Good stuff, cheers guys. The premise of what they do is to me genius. I dont want to pay for overheads for stuff I will never use, which is exactly what they remove by having support via forum/email. Technically they are O2 at heart and O2 do all the provisioning for them, so from a hardware/network view, they should be rock solid.

I am coming to the end of my O2 contract and can swap from spending ~£40pm to £10pm on GG. :#1:

Looks like I'll be ordering a GG sim soon!

Good stuff, cheers guys. The premise of what they do is to me genius. I dont want to pay for overheads for stuff I will never use, which is exactly what they remove by having support via forum/email. Technically they are O2 at heart and O2 do all the provisioning for them, so from a hardware/network view, they should be rock solid.

I am coming to the end of my O2 contract and can swap from spending ~£40pm to £10pm on GG. :#1:

Looks like I'll be ordering a GG sim soon!

Does that mean you cannot keep your existing mobile number :blush:

Yes you can Colin. You get your new SIM, activate it, then just need to request a PAC code from your current mobile provider. This code is used to transfer the number you have from current provider to new provider :thumbs: The number you have temporarily from the new provider is put back into their pool of numbers. Its all fairly seemless when they do it.

Not sure how it will work with O2 and GiffGaff though as they are both provisioned on the O2 network, so technically you arent leaving a network in the tradional sense. We'll see...

Not sure how it will work with O2 and GiffGaff though as they are both provisioned on the O2 network, so technically you arent leaving a network in the tradional sense. We'll see...

Let me know Chris I'm on O2 and might change.

Edit

The web site also says you get £5 for recomending someone.

Just had a look on their forums, and apparently if you have a O2 locked handset it will work straight off. Hmmmm....

Yes because its all provisioned on the O2 network :thumbs:

Forgot that Amanda's contract is up soon, so that'll be another convert, saving us about £60pm between us :scare:

looks really interesting, i may well go this route as well. got a year to go, but i'll sell my phone on something like mazuma, buy a new phone out right and swap to giffgaff.

i may even keep my current phone as its been so good.