£ for £ - what is your best money spent on Z

thing

Hello again, I am curious to find out £ for £ - what is your best money spent on your Z?

Having had my car 4 months (as far as I know it standard apart from exhaust & filter) I am starting to plan what to do next. I have read all the threads about FI and will have to think seriously about whether to spend £5k plus going down that route. Any mod will have to make a decent return for the spend (plenum spacer, HFCs and remap are on the list).

Personally I prefer to spend on performance than looks (love the standard look :D ) but I guess everyone has their own opinion ... :thumbs:

Thank you :yahoo:

Without a doubt my new grill from slovakia. Its really given a classy (almost aston martin) look to my car and the build quality for under £50 is superb. I'll take a pic over weekend. Looks so good just bought one for my bro.

Without a doubt my new grill from slovakia. Its really given a classy (almost aston martin) look to my car and the build quality for under £50 is superb. I'll take a pic over weekend. Looks so good just bought one for my bro.

Can you post a pic fella? I'd be really interested to see what that looks like!

Hello again, I am curious to find out £ for £ - what is your best money spent on your Z?

Having had my car 4 months (as far as I know it standard apart from exhaust & filter) I am starting to plan what to do next. I have read all the threads about FI and will have to think seriously about whether to spend £5k plus going down that route. Any mod will have to make a decent return for the spend (plenum spacer, HFCs and remap are on the list).

Personally I prefer to spend on performance than looks (love the standard look :D ) but I guess everyone has their own opinion ... :thumbs:

Thank you :yahoo:

The problem with N/A is you will purchase a plenum spacer, CAI, exhaust, hf-cats or de-cats, along with other mods trying to achieve more bhp on a reduced budget.

If you put all my mods together including labour I would have had a Super Charger, so if you write off FI - make sure you'll be happy with a range of 20bhp to a max potential of say 40bhp with just N/A mods.

FI will give you 100+bhp £ for £ that will be your best bet if it's just power you're looking for. The SC can also be sold at a later date if required.

Dont assume more HP is the best way to make your car quicker.

Driver training is no1 by far. Then as Ekona has said, you are better off with good tyres and brakes. Followed by suspension and handling mods, which maybe more important if your car is older. When you then need the car to have more power you can look to add it ;)

Yep - Def get the Zed up to scratch first before adding power. Tyres, brakes (at least uprated discs and pads), suspension mods like ARBs and coilovers, uprated clutch and flywheel and a good mechanical LSD. No point having FI power without these mods. Zed will feel much sharper to drive and will allow you to put the power on the road/track.

Best value £ for £ has to be the ipod hack i did. Lead cost a quid or so and only took me an hour to do. The sound quality from my ipod through the bose system just sounds incredible compared to the radio reception or the cd player.

Best value £ for £ has to be the ipod hack i did. Lead cost a quid or so and only took me an hour to do. The sound quality from my ipod through the bose system just sounds incredible compared to the radio reception or the cd player.

+1 a must have

On the 370, putting on a decent exhaust that Nissan seemed to have ignored for a sports car, after that as much petrol as can be afforded as really all ZEDs drive so well 'out of the box', hence why they have had such glowing reviews over the years. :D

1) tyres!!!! replaced the oe B/S RE040s with michelin PS2s......what a difference it made. On top of the improved performance, they are also 10.8kg lighter for the 4 :scare:

i want to try the new pilot supersports next.

2) uprated discs, pads and brake fluid + s/s braided brake hoses :teeth:

3) coilovers :D