Superpro bushes

Jez @ H-Dev

We're just about to fit this lot to our 350Z. Wish us luck, theres just so many bushes!

I'll get some photos of the fitting and setup as we go. I'll also report back to let you know the difference they make. Got another trackday on the 10th June, at Goodwood - so they'll get a good testing :)

KIT5261ADJK_small.jpg

Jez, nice one mate. I can see you have gone for some of the eccentric bushes to have fixed camber and castor adjustment :thumbs: I would be interested in your feedback.

I have to find time to fit my front lower control arm bushes which should complete the front. I have not decided on the upper control arms yet as i am still debating to get new adjustable arms. The ichiba arms where good but suffered bad corrosion and then when i pulled then out to sell on discovered there was axial play in the universal ball joint. Still don't know if it was caused by runing with a perished banana bush for a while or if they are just cheap.

When do you estimate to finish all your bushings swap. I would really like a ride in your car to feel the difference B)

We'll hopefully get it done for the end of this week.

I've gone for the alignment adj kit - I think I stored the cars alignment details in our machines database, so when its all back together and setup I can post before and after alignment figures. I'm going for max caster and camber as the car will be used mainly on track.

You're more than welcome to come for a ride when its all done :)

Price wise, this particular kit isn't cheap. RRP is £985+vat - but the kit contains every bush required. I think that to get a decent improvement at reasonable cost will be possible. Superpro are happy for us to put together a kit that contains the bushes we recommend at a discounted rate. Details of this will be available when we've done some testing :)

Brilliant............thanks Jez, look forward to reading about the results. :thumbs:

We'll hopefully get it done for the end of this week.

I've gone for the alignment adj kit - I think I stored the cars alignment details in our machines database, so when its all back together and setup I can post before and after alignment figures. I'm going for max caster and camber as the car will be used mainly on track.

You're more than welcome to come for a ride when its all done :)

Price wise, this particular kit isn't cheap. RRP is £985+vat - but the kit contains every bush required. I think that to get a decent improvement at reasonable cost will be possible. Superpro are happy for us to put together a kit that contains the bushes we recommend at a discounted rate. Details of this will be available when we've done some testing :)

Got the car finished last night and took it out for a drive along some of my favorite B roads.

The car is transformed - I really didn't expect the bushes to make so much difference. It feels more planted to the road - it just glides over bumps and undulations and feels way more responsive through the corners. I think they made more difference to the feel of the car than the coilovers did.

We've managed to get about another 0.5 deg of camber on the front with about another degree of caster. This helps the front end grip during cornering.

Can't wait to get it on track again.

Some pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 0058090830

• 1 month later...

Hey Jez, only caught this now. Excellent work mate. Will be fitting the front camber adjust upper control arm bushes to increase my camber by .5deg rather than waste money on adjustable aftermarket arms that do not seem to last :thumbdown: The OEM arm is light, strong and with a further .5 deg will be near -2deg camber in front which is what i had on the adjustable arm :thumbs:

Also have the lower iner arm bush and shock mount bush to fit as i did not manage this last time due to seized ball joint nut. hopefully, preoiling and gentle heat should do the trick this time.

I hope to see your setup and discuss corner weight etc this saturday. will give you a bell to know when to catch you.

cheers

PS it would have been nice to put a pictorial guide of the whole bush swapping just to show how easy it is with the right tools and patience. I am really happy i have gone for a step by step approach though with experience now i will do the rear all at once B)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jez.

Just sent you a Facebook friend request.

Could you describe in more detail how the car feels now.

Does a track focused setup compromise highway driving a lot?

This looks VERY interesting as my next big mod.

What is the expected lifetime for these bushes? 5 years? Longer? Shorter?

Just confirmed :) You can like by business page as well if you want: http://www.facebook.com/horshamdevelopments - you can keep up with all the other things we're up to :)

Car just seems to feel much more planted. It goes over bumps in the road without deviating from the line you're taking and generally tracks driver inputs more accurately. I've not noticed any difference in NVH (noise vibration or harshness) at all - so theres no real compromise.

I've had SuperPro bushes in my 200SX for about 10 years now and they all seem to be fine. In fact SuperPro were interested in examining the bushes to see effects of age, but I didn't really want to strip the car down. The 200SX has been used on sprints, hill climbs, trackdays and won a few rounds of Time Attack over the years, and it running around 600bhp on semi slick tyres, so they've been well used.

There are a few vids on the Facebook page, but, to be honest, you can only really tell the difference from the feel of driving the car.

We finished a customers car on Friday and he collected yesterday - this was his (unprompted) post: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=506637

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Superpro are happy for us to put together a kit that contains the bushes we recommend at a discounted rate. Details of this will be available when we've done some testing :)

Did you ever put a slightly less hardcore kit together? I may be interested depending on price and how many hours it would take.

I've just finished the Energy Suspension Masterkit on the front of mine, got the rear to do next. Did you have to drop the diff with the superpro kit? I only ask as I can't see the equivalent in the top pic. Interesting the Superpro bushes come with new metal casings where as the ES ones don't :)

Can't wait to drive mine in anger afterwards, I've always said bushing is the best thing for a cars suspension :)

• 10 months later...

I put some new compression arms on my car over the weekend but I didn't get a chance to swap out the superpro bushes from the old ones into the new, I know a bit daft but didn't. Obviously I've kept them and I can certainly feel the difference without them, steering is less responsive - which I want back, so a couple of questions.

Which ones would you recommend doing for responsive steering ? (very budget concious ATM).

And are the compression arm superpro bushes meant to have some play in the central part ?