Japfest 2011 Pics and Vids

martinmac

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when i went to Trax a few years ago,looking at most of the 'models' i wouldnt have gone near them with a barge pole.

If Laura wants a load of men draped over a Z,then i think we should organise something,even if its a charity thing,raise some money,and do a calender. Would make a change from all the women draped over the cars. Not that im complaining of course.

I remember when i went to Trax a few years ago,looking at most of the 'models' i wouldnt have gone near them with a barge pole.

If Laura wants a load of men draped over a Z,then i think we should organise something,even if its a charity thing,raise some money,and do a calender. Would make a change from all the women draped over the cars. Not that im complaining of course.

That is not a bad idea :thumbs: However, I will remain behind the lens :lol:

Id be up for that,would be a laugh,and we could raise some cash for a charity.

North Wales or the LakeZ could be a good venue :thumbs:

:scare:

I will leave this one with you mate. :lol:

I would set it up but their other halves could take the photo :lol: Hunky men not really my thing :thumbs:..............I wonder if their wives would be up for a female calender :lol::boxing::yahoo:

Id be up for that,would be a laugh,and we could raise some cash for a charity.

North Wales or the LakeZ could be a good venue :thumbs:

:scare:

I will leave this one with you mate. :lol:

I would set it up but their other halves could take the photo :lol: Hunky men not really my thing :thumbs:..............I wonder if their wives would be up for a female calender :lol::boxing::yahoo:

Maybe one for Markie to sort out. :lol:

re: Not everybody knew how to drive evidently. Mr White ZX was a complete kn*b. :yawn:

Did you shoot the video, Mr. Captain? If so, I can imagine it would have been worrying to be behind me. I did try to create some distance between me and others before I really pushed the envelope; and I think the wide-angle lense gives a warped perception on distances.

But. if I upset you, or ruined your experience at all. I apologise.

It was my first outting in this particular car and I was playing around quite a bit. So yes, a bit spirited when taking into consideration your pride and joys were out there, sure. Saying that, I felt my corners&passes were tame compared to a couple others out there!

but knowing how to drive??... I knew exactly what I was up to and have logged a good 60 hours on tracks. Yes, I go for it & with 450 bhp @ the wheels I let the boost kick it out a bit on almost every turn I felt safe to do it on... it took a few laps to figure out how to bring it back with less of a jerk. and tbh, will take another session to refine that little trick.

Anyway...

**Many thanks for the vid.. It's narrowed down a possible O2 sensor, or Injector Issue I have on my left bank.

***No thanks for the name calling.

great video buster. great job to the cameraman whoever you were... you made me look as if i was standing still. go even quicker when you get those side skirts fitted...

filmed on a spy cam stuck to the dash... :teeth:

re: Not everybody knew how to drive evidently. Mr White ZX was a complete kn*b. :yawn:

Did you shoot the video, Mr. Captain? If so, I can imagine it would have been worrying to be behind me. I did try to create some distance between me and others before I really pushed the envelope; and I think the wide-angle lense gives a warped perception on distances.

But. if I upset you, or ruined your experience at all. I apologise.

It was my first outting in this particular car and I was playing around quite a bit. So yes, a bit spirited when taking into consideration your pride and joys were out there, sure. Saying that, I felt my corners&passes were tame compared to a couple others out there!

but knowing how to drive??... I knew exactly what I was up to and have logged a good 60 hours on tracks. Yes, I go for it & with 450 bhp @ the wheels I let the boost kick it out a bit on almost every turn I felt safe to do it on... it took a few laps to figure out how to bring it back with less of a jerk. and tbh, will take another session to refine that little trick.

Anyway...

**Many thanks for the vid.. It's narrowed down a possible O2 sensor, or Injector Issue I have on my left bank.

***No thanks for the name calling.

60 hours on track eh? Well you clearly didn't listen to the briefing(s) that said "if a car comes up behind you then it's going faster so indicate/slow and let them pass" (Like I did for the Datsuns) because I came up behind you about three times. 60 hours on track eh? That'll be the reason you pulled up to the pits with what looked like the contents of a jumble sale in your boot which you had to unload. 60 hours on track eh? Of course, that's why you hadn't fitted any of the ID stickers that everybody else had on their windows and had to scrabble around at the last minute.

"Refining little tricks" is fine with nobody else around and you could have easily slowed for 10 seconds and had the whole track to yourself to show-off, sorry, perfect your driving skills. And you thought it was ok to do this at Japfest, in your first outing in the car in the middle of a dozen other cars? Really?

You didn't ruin my day. But you could of. :wave:

Lol.. yep, I was a bit in a state when I arrived at 10:30 a.m..

I had missed the briefing and I honestly thought the session.. but they gave me a cursory nod as the guy knew me from previous outtings. I Didn’t have time to drop off that stuff off at a friends stand etc… so yeah, I’m sure it was funny to watch. I was bummed I didn’t have a chance to set up my hero cams and racelogic GPS.. and tbh left a £k's worth of camera kit+racelogic under a towel (outside) next to that door you saw me shuttling to! Scary last second stuff.

Look guys, I didn’t come here to dish out abuse.. only to defend myself a bit and introduce to other track enthusiasts.

Cpt., I did let people by and you can see it in the Vid. I tried to let the Red300 through on the first straight as he was being hyper aggressive from the very start... but he slowed. He tried to undertake 2 of us at once on about the 3rd corner and the I let him through before the 4th.

As far as the 3 times You say I held you up... I honestly didn’t notice it on the day or I would have gladly waved you by. And I can’t really see it in the Video. I can maybe see once... but there are 4 of us in a pretty tight line there.. and these were very short straights on that part of the track . I was looking to pass as well, and on the next straight, they let me through and I was long gone from there.

Unless you were looking to undertake on a turn... (as in at minute 8:00! -I know a guy who’s pretty upset about that move)... sorry, but the thought of letting someone through on the inside of a turn never crossed my mind.

I take your point about waiting 10 sec’s though.. in retrospect, I should have.

Hey, I came on here and said “look, I apologise if I caused any griefâ€. That’s about all I can say. I’d hoped that we could share a common interest and possibly 'the track' as a group again one day. (i'll put my slicks on and keep it straight & arrow!)

I’ll leave that up to you guys.