Japfest 2011 Pics and Vids

martinmac

Lol.. yep, I was a bit in a state when I arrived at 10:30 a.m..

I had missed the briefing and I honestly thought the session.. but they gave me a cursory nod as the guy knew me from previous outtings. I Didn’t have time to drop off that stuff off at a friends stand etc… so yeah, I’m sure it was funny to watch. I was bummed I didn’t have a chance to set up my hero cams and racelogic GPS.. and tbh left a £k's worth of camera kit+racelogic under a towel (outside) next to that door you saw me shuttling to! Scary last second stuff.

Look guys, I didn’t come here to dish out abuse.. only to defend myself a bit and introduce to other track enthusiasts.

Cpt., I did let people by and you can see it in the Vid. I tried to let the Red300 through on the first straight as he was being hyper aggressive from the very start... but he slowed. He tried to undertake 2 of us at once on about the 3rd corner and the I let him through before the 4th.

As far as the 3 times You say I held you up... I honestly didn’t notice it on the day or I would have gladly waved you by. And I can’t really see it in the Video. I can maybe see once... but there are 4 of us in a pretty tight line there.. and these were very short straights on that part of the track . I was looking to pass as well, and on the next straight, they let me through and I was long gone from there.

Unless you were looking to undertake on a turn... (as in at minute 8:00! -I know a guy who’s pretty upset about that move)... sorry, but the thought of letting someone through on the inside of a turn never crossed my mind.

I take your point about waiting 10 sec’s though.. in retrospect, I should have.

Hey, I came on here and said “look, I apologise if I caused any griefâ€. That’s about all I can say. I’d hoped that we could share a common interest and possibly 'the track' as a group again one day. (i'll put my slicks on and keep it straight & arrow!)

I’ll leave that up to you guys.

Nice of you to reply so thoughtfully. :thumbs:

No probs and water under the bridge. Maybe see you on the track again some time.

Now let's see some more pics from everybody.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice vids Mrtin.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm........1:25 :rant:

Will see how I do after my Up-Rev at Abbey on Wednesday.

Need them to find me 1.3 seconds.

Come on boys! :boxing:

you need to get a manual gearbox :lol:;)

that 300 wasnt standard... and he seemed to knew the lines, must have been a pain in the arse with all that traffic for him. buffering his single lap to see what lines he's doing. :drunk:

There is always sc or tt route available :teeth: Not sure if Abbey can do something about the autobox shifting like change it's behaviour in say sport mode to keep the gears in for longer braking... I need a trackday in mine...

Nice vids Mrtin.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm........1:25 :rant:

Will see how I do after my Up-Rev at Abbey on Wednesday.

Need them to find me 1.3 seconds.

Come on boys! :boxing:

you need to get a manual gearbox :lol:;)

that 300 wasnt standard... and he seemed to knew the lines, must have been a pain in the arse with all that traffic for him. buffering his single lap to see what lines he's doing. :drunk:

There is always sc or tt route available :teeth: Not sure if Abbey can do something about the autobox shifting like change it's behaviour in say sport mode to keep the gears in for longer braking... I need a trackday in mine...

I don't drive in auto......on the track or anywhere else. I bought the Zed when I had 1 day to buy a car when my 325 blew up so the car chose me, not the other way round :lol::lol:

I really don't think it would make a difference if I had a manual. The tiptronic is good and I'm sure the up-rev will be a lot of fun. :thumbs:

ah tiptronic... a bit different but still an auto :D I'd know have two! Maybe the gearing can be made a bit quicker after an uprev? find both my geattronic on the volvo wagon and the altezza's tiptronic to be a bit to slow, there is a kit you can install in the tezza to shorten the time (lifespan of the gearbox too no dought) of the up and downshifting :teeth:

Note: I stand corrected on having an auto box...

(still an autobox though :p )

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Best sticker of the show (if not ever)

5721910936_5fe229c80d_z.jpg

Bit late to the party I know... But that sticker would have been a million times better if it was spelt right :bangin:

Maybe it should've said, "Considerably higher than the driver's IQ" ;)

Unless it's something glaring, that is the right spelling (I'm pretty sure anyway...) I think it is the Americans who don't use the "ae" spelling, we do :D.

• 2 months later...