Questions about UpRev for Abbey

Mark@Abbey m/s

Valet Mode

Economy

Middle of the road (not literally of course)

Performance

I get asked this a lot re multi maps

1, we can run a valet map easy

The re-map are as ecomoical as they can be as the car runs closed loop 95% of the time they run around stoichmetric which is the most ecomomical tune.

We can run a perfomance map the car will be tuned a little richer for my torque/BHP with a more agressive throttle map. If you dont mind losing the cruise control we can add a very agressive throttle map that all the full time track day warriors run.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh what a shame the Cruise would be lost. Okay so I use Cruise only on the motorway, but it is a nice luxury when the legs and brain get a bit tired.

How many maps can be installed?

How would you change the maps when driving. i.e. Driving in Germany, eco for the motorway, and once you hit the Autobahn flick on the Performance map. Can this be done whilst driving or does the engine need to be turned off to initiate any further maps?

Also what sort of prices come with installing additional maps?

Oh bugger!!! :surrender::surrender::lol:

5 maps can be installed.

Yes they can be swapped on the go.

Valet map Free of charge

Performance Map if done while the car having the re-map I charge an extra 50-00 inc vat if done seperate I charge 1 hour dyno time £100-00 inc vat.

If you have a car that can run multi maps , we run a low rpm and speed limit map stops the car being abused while not in your control.

Is there a way to do this without losing cruise control, is by means of another switch or something?

afraid not , as we re scale the throttle map to give 1 to1 throttle pedal to throttle butterfly movement the cruise map cant work with the new scaling.

Would this not be possible to put it as an extra map, so when it's turned on the cruise won't work(for track only so it doesn't matter) but then switch back to normal map without the throttle 1-1 for road use and cruise control would work again?

afraid not , as we re scale the throttle map to give 1 to1 throttle pedal to throttle butterfly movement the cruise map cant work with the new scaling.

Would this not be possible to put it as an extra map, so when it's turned on the cruise won't work(for track only so it doesn't matter) but then switch back to normal map without the throttle 1-1 for road use and cruise control would work again?

I like your thinking on this one Neil.... :dance:

your not listening/reading what I write;

The 1 to 1 throttle map isnt multi map related.

The multi map lets you tweak the fuelling/ignition and limits only.

Once we tweak the throttle maps this map works with all the multi maps;

The 1 to 1 throttle map will NOT let the cruise control map work. It turns the crusie maps OFF in the ECU.

can we keep this thread for feedback from Abbey Uprev customers , maybe a Mod can move questions on the Uprev to it's own thread. I am happy to answer any questions.

Mark

Well if you want to go in this direction, you didn't read my first question correctly as it was referring to running a valet mode without losing cruise control.

Also, how can I read correctly info that you never put up, you never explained it clearly which you have done in the below post.

your not listening/reading what I write;

The 1 to 1 throttle map isnt multi map related.

The multi map lets you tweak the fuelling/ignition and limits only.

Once we tweak the throttle maps this map works with all the multi maps;

The 1 to 1 throttle map will NOT let the cruise control map work. It turns the crusie maps OFF in the ECU.

can we keep this thread for feedback from Abbey Uprev customers , maybe a Mod can move questions on the Uprev to it's own thread. I am happy to answer any questions.

Mark

Think we at crossed lines that all, but I will outline what happens;

Valet map is no trouble.

When we remap and upload the tweaked throttle map this works with all the multi maps. You cant have say Map with tweaked throttle map and map 2 without tweaked throttle map. You either have the throttle map tweaked or standard throttle map.

We can aslo and I admit I didnt explain this another throttle map. On a standard car with or without the tweaked throttle map when you push the throttle pedal down say 25% you dont get 25% of throttle butterfly movement you get around 15% I think this works up to around 50% throttle pedal movement. this is to make the ca rnicer to drive at part throttle in traffic etc etc.

We can within the Uprev software remove this so the pedal to butterfly ratio is 1 to 1 i.e 25% pedal movement is 25%

butterfly movement. when we do this the cruise control cant work as the ratio is outside what the cruise map can control.But for a race car it is lovley far better throttle control.

hope this clears everything up. NeilP sorry to upset you.

I open another thread re questions about Uprev.

OK so I'm a little confused. When you say "tweaked throttle map" that can be used with multimaps what is that doing? 1:1 throttle map does what it says on the tin, it moves the butterfly 1:1 with the movement of the pedal, but what does the normal tweaked map do? Get it closer to a 1:1 map, but not so much that it means cruise doesnt work any more?

OK so I'm a little confused. When you say "tweaked throttle map" that can be used with multimaps what is that doing? 1:1 throttle map does what it says on the tin, it moves the butterfly 1:1 with the movement of the pedal, but what does the normal tweaked map do? Get it closer to a 1:1 map, but not so much that it means cruise doesnt work any more?

I am thinking the same.

1:1 or Tweaked I guess they are not the same.

With the Uprev process you gain the WOT functionality, I guess this is the "Tweaking"?

I'm currently happy with my throttle response, so I'd not have a requirement for a 1:1 throttle map. So I believe this would allow me to have multi maps, avoiding the 1:1 map.

1:1 or Tweaked I guess they are not the same.

Yes they are different you cant have them working together.

So what does tweaked give us? 100% at WOT, anything else? Not sure how that applies to 370z which I beleive only has the butterfly to provide vaccum when off the throttle?

No we now know the car always get 100% throttle in all gears , the response of the butterfly is tweaked to be the same in all 6 gears, in stock form the butterfly is delayed behind the throttle pedal input in the lower 3 gears.

I used to think the throttle wasn't opened 100% in the lower gears but I was wrong.

370Z , your kind of correct but tweaking the throttle map's makes the car responsed quicker "enchances" is the right word I feel.