Questions about UpRev for Abbey

Mark@Abbey m/s

Think we at crossed lines that all, but I will outline what happens;

Valet map is no trouble.

When we remap and upload the tweaked throttle map this works with all the multi maps. You cant have say Map with tweaked throttle map and map 2 without tweaked throttle map. You either have the throttle map tweaked or standard throttle map.

We can aslo and I admit I didnt explain this another throttle map. On a standard car with or without the tweaked throttle map when you push the throttle pedal down say 25% you dont get 25% of throttle butterfly movement you get around 15% I think this works up to around 50% throttle pedal movement. this is to make the ca rnicer to drive at part throttle in traffic etc etc.

We can within the Uprev software remove this so the pedal to butterfly ratio is 1 to 1 i.e 25% pedal movement is 25%

butterfly movement. when we do this the cruise control cant work as the ratio is outside what the cruise map can control.But for a race car it is lovley far better throttle control.

hope this clears everything up. NeilP sorry to upset you.

I open another thread re questions about Uprev.

Thanks mate I appreciate that :thumbs:

So I got my uprev done at rs due to them being very close to Scotland, but I'll be down at my bros house in Staines at the start of July, would I be able to call round and pay to get the valet mode put on it and I won't lose use of my cruise control?

Cheers

Edit: can you guys do recommended track geometry and suspension setup also? I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to get things adjusted?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So - there was no restriction in throttle positions as previously advised?

So, hitting the loud pedal before Uprev @ 100% would deliver 100% and exactly the same occurs after Uprev?

So the 1:1 Ratio does what exactly? if the 100% throttle position isn't already doing what it should?

This goes beyond confusing now....

Neil ,

afraid I cant tweak your Map as I need a copy of the map to start with that RS will have. I presume it will be locked as well.

Suspension set up yes I will sort this out and send it to you.

I must admit thou as I am tuning a 350Z car , if you have a car that can run multi maps you can have the tweaked (UPREV) throttle maps in any of the multi maps you like, so you could have a tuned mapped with or without the tweaked (UPREV) throttle map. Sorry for telling you the wrong info :blush:

But the UK 276bhp car cant have multi maps.

o - there was no restriction in throttle positions as previously advised?

So, hitting the loud pedal before Uprev @ 100% would deliver 100% and exactly the same occurs after Uprev?

So the 1:1 Ratio does what exactly? if the 100% throttle position isn't already doing what it should?

This goes beyond confusing now....

Ian,

its all about response, pre UPREV the throttle responds slower in the lower 3 gears after UPREV it responds the same in all 6 gears. I am afraid I was wrong with saying the car had small throttle openings in the lower 3 gears before.

1 to 1 is the relationship between pedal movement and butterfly movement. a stock car doesn't have 1 to 1 pedal to butterfly movement, maybe better for me to ring you and discuss.

It's okay, to be fair your last post has made things totally clear. :thumbs:

Basically it would be pointless for me to choose the 1:1 map if I was to request multi maps of varying throttle setup.

Neil ,

afraid I cant tweak your Map as I need a copy of the map to start with that RS will have. I presume it will be locked as well.

Suspension set up yes I will sort this out and send it to you.

I must admit thou as I am tuning a 350Z car , if you have a car that can run multi maps you can have the tweaked (UPREV) throttle maps in any of the multi maps you like, so you could have a tuned mapped with or without the tweaked (UPREV) throttle map. Sorry for telling you the wrong info :blush:

But the UK 276bhp car cant have multi maps.

Perfect mate cheers for clarifying all this, it's a Uk 2006 300ps model I have.

you said a uk 276 cant have multimaps, would it make a difference if its a JDM? or is it the 276 engine that cant have them regardless of what market it was for?

i take it there would be a dial to select between them?

can you tune the zed to get maximum power out of standard unleaded, if it was tuned to do so would it matter that i used super unleaded once or twice, would the map adjust to accommodate it?

ive been wanting to get mine remapped for a while but i would like to get all my engine mods done before i do

sorry for all the questions, im struggling to get my little brain to understand :blink:

If your car is a JDM car and it has cruise control yes you can have multi maps. It is only the UK 276bhp car sthat cant have multi maps due to a different Eprom being fitted to these ECU for security reasons.

If we tune the car for unladed and you run super unleaded you wont get any more performance but the car will run 100% correct. The ECU cant work out itself if it has 95 or 98 in the tank.

Mark

My car is a jdm, auto non cruise control. The auto has different modes normal,power,snow. In power the throttle is noticebly sharper. Would this stay the same if remapped? Does that button change the map or just throttle responce?

D I would need to ask re this as they are playing with the throttle map with the snow switch.

Can you PM me your reg numbe ror chassis number so I can make sure w ehave the correct RAM for your ca rthen I can go digging to find out the answer.

cheers.

Via the cruise control buttons. If you'd like a full explanation there's either a thread in the Abbey section or you could give Mark, Tony or Scott a call tomorrow, although I dint think Scott works Saturdays.

They will give you all the info you'll need, otherwise in the meantime the search button is your friend :thumbs:

Yep in the dyno room as we speak.

Mark,

I was booked in for an UpRev on the 9th but this was cancelled due to your dyno problems.

I'm really disappointed that I've not been told it was fixed as I wanted my car done before Japfest (tomorrow)

Any reason I've not had a call?

Thanks - Simon.

I think he's chocca Simon, said that he couldnt fit me back in on a Saturday until June now and I was booked in for the 7th :(

Although if Mark reads this - I think I may be free for some/all of next week if he has time to spare to fit me in :thumbs:

Hi, yes we now have the dyno up and running again. I have managed to only get 2 cars finished in the last 2 weeks and it seems one of those is playing up, Sorry Sam. So I am trying to re arrange all the appointments I have had to cancel in the last 2 weeksm

I will be on the phone to everyone that I have cancelled on this forum with a date we can fit you in ASAP.

We will be trying to fit you in around the bookings we already have for the next 2 or so weeks.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mark I am looking forward to my booking on the 23rd June but just had a question regarding the before and after dyno run. Am I correct in thinking the before run would be all mods + standard remap and after run would be all mods + UpRev remap? I usually use V-Power (98 RON), should I bring my car with half tank of this or a 99 RON alternative?

Thanks

You will get before and after run printouts with all mods you have or are having fitted usally.

WRT fuel, use whatever you normally fill up with. No point getting a map done with fuel you dont normally use, unless you will switch to it when in use (ie if you have a track map and use race fuel for that). I would stick to V-power in your case :thumbs:

I correct in thinking the before run would be all mods + standard remap and after run would be all mods + UpRev remap?

Yes I will doa few pulls with stock ECU ROM then upload and tune the Uprev system.

I will then lay the stock ECU dyno graph over the tuned graph to see the gains we have found.

Bring the car with the normal fuel you use please , I never map the cars to the edge but it is better to be tuned for the lowest Octane rating you might use.

Mark

Sorry for the slow reply, best thing for this is you to buy a Osiris Standard system , this allow's you to flash the ECU yourself witha map supplied by ourselves , you can then log a few parameters send them to me I can then tweak the map to suit and send it back to be reloaded.

This system cost's US$500-00 + shipping.