What Oil.

tez162003

just checked and i've done 2 tanks over last weekend and that was 400miles. I put 100ml in to fill back up to max level.

seems about right then, being a larger capacity engine

yeah i'm pretty anal about the engine oil etc as so many zeds have been destroyed due to the bottom end being starved of oil.

Guess its down to driving style... hopefully its nothing wrong. You got an oil catch can? Would be interesting to see where the oil goes :p

lol all that oils evaporating into thin air, no catch can, i have one but i cannot be arsed fitting it. :lol: The plenum was pretty spotless when i had it apart to fit the spacer so not too worried.

what viscosity oil are you running?

i found changing the viscosity reduced the burn off.

noticed that too when I changed from castrol to motul

the next service will see the car get mobil 1 put in

:blush: i'd leave the mobil stuff alone as well

mobil 1 stuff is brilliant. Spoke to alex about it aswell and he approved. They do have @*!# stuff but they also have good stuff and at 15quid for 5 litres i aint gonna complain. Oil and filters gets changed every 3 thousand miles in my car just now.

lol whats your reasons for avoiding mobil 1?

s2000 forum used to use it alot, big forum, but they've all stepped back from it, apparently its not as good a quality as it used to be, and that was the mobil 1 stuff.

so not on a personal experience,

i'd be looking at amsoil, fuchs, or royal purple. but then thats just personal preference.

at the end of the day, as long as it has oil in there you cant go to far wrong. but you may find with the more expensive oils you get less burn off.

and if your changing every 3k, its not like your going to boil the oil, its still going to be protecting the engine.

if you were putting golden syrup in there, then i'd be worried. ;):thumbs:

s2000 forum used to use it alot, big forum, but they've all stepped back from it, apparently its not as good a quality as it used to be, and that was the mobil 1 stuff.

i'd be looking at amsoil, fuchs, or royal purple. but then thats just personal preference.

at the end of the day, as long as it has oil in there you cant go to far wrong. but you may find with the more expensive oils you get less burn off.

and if your changing every 3k, its not like your going to boil the oil, its still going to be protecting the engine.

lol i only do about 4k a year. That mobil 1 is usually about 50quid for 5 litres. I got a deal on it so couldnt say no. :lol:

I think you just like fancy names ;) I have heard good things about fuchs

+1 Mobil 1's base oil isnt that great anymore plus they have taken out alot of addatives like detergents. :thumbs:

it says synthetically engineered on the Magnatec bottle.

This does not meen that it is synthetic, it just wants you to think it is.

An interesting article based on that point.

http://www.lubrication-filtration.com/t ... thetic.asp

Another good article on sythetic motor oil here as well.

http://www.synthetic-motor-oil-change-a ... etic-oils/

And a Mobil 1 v Amsoil comparison here.

http://www.synthetic-motor-oil-change-a ... esults.php