What Oil.

tez162003

350z Engine Oil. What Grade and does anyone know the oil capacity (amount needed for a oil change)

Before anyone says use the search button I already have, Google forum and so on, but I seem to find so many different suggestions. 0-40w, 5-30w etc.

Am I right in saying it is 5-30w Fully Synthetic?

Are there any manufacturers of oil worth avoiding? Any good brands worth considering (while taking a slightly ill looking bank balance into account)

Sorry for asking probably the forums most regularly asked question.

If the rating of oil is the same, are there any issues using a different brand of oil for top ups between service intervals?

For topping up I wouldn't think so. My car burns alot due to the way I drive it I bought a large stock of castrol edge to keep me topped up. It was very expensive though. I use about a litre per thousand miles, sometimes more. It's downfall with the rev-up engine.

Ok that's good then.

Do you also notice it's a real b!tch to get a clear dipstick reading? Even with the engine cold and a flat surface I get different readings each time.

Final question. If Max and Min are gauged on the dipstick, how much oil is required to fill from Min?

Ok that's good then.

Do you also notice it's a real b!tch to get a clear dipstick reading? Even with the engine cold and a flat surface I get different readings each time.

Final question. If Max and Min are gauged on the dipstick, how much oil is required to fill from Min?

I always do my checks in the morning before starting the engine. It makes it much easier to get an accurate reading without it smearing all over the dipstick shaft.

I'm not too sure what the difference is, if my memory serves me right from a previous convo I'm sure it was 1litre or thereabouts. I usually top up about 250ml after every tank. It's not always as much as that but depends on how I have been driving. I'm sure the like of alex or that will be able to confirm it as they're very experience in the art of zed :lol:

i like using royal purple oil just to be different form everyone else :p

not a fan of castrol magnatec,

Some cars love it and some don't. Fords love the stuff. I used it in my Suzuki and it's fine. I don't know how people can distinguish the differences :shrug: what made you not like it?

Some cars love it and some don't. Fords love the stuff. I used it in my Suzuki and it's fine. I don't know how people can distinguish the differences :shrug: what made you not like it?

Tasted funny :lol:

It made my poop go purple :blush:

on a serious note Magnatec is a straight mineral oil. NOT semi synthetic or fully synthetic . It's exorbitantly priced for its specification - imo.

A triumph of marketing over product specification.

It made my poop go purple :blush:

on a serious note Magnatec is a straight mineral oil. NOT semi synthetic or fully synthetic . It's exorbitantly priced for its specification - imo.

A triumph of marketing over product specification.

Its fully synthetic mate, says on the bottles http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46426&hilit=magnatec+for+sale

they must have changed it since i last looked at it which would have been back in 2005 ish:shrug:

didn't like the way it was marketed so swore off castrol ever since. plenty of other choice out there, their cockshore marketing lost me as a customer for life.

Ok that's good then.

I always do my checks in the morning before starting the engine. It makes it much easier to get an accurate reading without it smearing all over the dipstick shaft.

I'm not too sure what the difference is, if my memory serves me right from a previous convo I'm sure it was 1litre or thereabouts. I usually top up about 250ml after every tank. It's not always as much as that but depends on how I have been driving. I'm sure the like of alex or that will be able to confirm it as they're very experience in the art of zed :lol:

isnt that a tad much oil?

I usually top up about 250ml after every tank. It's not always as much as that but depends on how I have been driving. I'm sure the like of alex or that will be able to confirm it as they're very experience in the art of zed :lol:

isnt that a tad much oil?

+1 ... what pressures are you running/idling at ?

im not too sure i think its just under 30psi on idle. Im running a nismo oil filter which drops the pressure a little aswell.

I destroyed a litre on my trip to wales which was around 1000miles all round but also a full day on track.

The revup engines are bad for oil and its a very common thing. If i drive sensibly like i did when i got it i put in about 1litre over the period of 6months

my S2k uses about 1 litre in 4000 miles; thats 13 fill ups per litre of top ups. and they are renowned for being oil users, as when in VTEC it burns off more oil.

thats i supose about 76 ml of oil per tank of fuel.

250 ml is a little high

my S2k uses about 1 litre in 4000 miles; thats 13 fill ups per litre of top ups. and they are renowned for being oil users, as when in VTEC it burns off more oil.

thats i supose about 76 ml of oil per tank of fuel.

250 ml is a little high

thats it getting its hole reemed though. As i said that was the most ive had to put in. I dont drive my car very often and only goes out at weekends or to the track.