Headlights???

chocohercules

Looked into this myself, the beam points the opposite side which I'm pretty sure is either illegal or an mot failure, having said that I'm not 100% sure as how do we have so many imported cars on our roads ??

Maybe it's worth asking the dvla to get a definitive answer :shrug:

Or just get Husky to mod yours, will be cheaper that way

Ok, so apart from the beam on the otherside they will fit? Beam can be sorted with the plastic sticker that goes on the headlight and deflects the beam to the correct side!

What about the actual plug socket fittings do you think they will be different?

I'm sure Zmanalex answered this for the rear lights and it did require different connectors. Not 100% sure though.

Don't think its a massive job but given that they're going to have to have a crappy sticker stuck over them do you really want to bother? :thumbdown:

For the sake of saving a few quid it'll look a right mess if you ask me (plus I don't think it so much deflects the beam as just blocks it from blinding oncoming traffic - I found the headlights seemed quite dim with the sticker on when we were away).

I'm not 100% sure as how do we have so many imported cars on our roads ??

Because most imports will be JDM, and they drive on the same side as us, hence the steering wheel on the same side. So their lights will dip left.

So will JDM Facelift headlights fit a U.K Z??? B)

Never seen a facelift JDM.

Just to clerify, I did not say that the US headlamps would not fit, I said that they were not compatible with UK cars. :thumbs:

Best not to go down the US route as you will be creating more issues than you have at present. :)

So, just to clarify.

You have pre-facelift headlights and want to change them for facelift ones.

Are the ones you currently have in quite a bad state or do you just fancy to change the look?

Have you got a link to said headlights in the USA?

I have seen some aftermarket headlights that would fit a UK, but they are so ugly that I won't even post a link to the pic, let alone a pic of them.

the lights will physically fit, yes

there is a slight mod needed to fit facelift (2007-2008) dual HID lights to an earlier car but its merely an issue of 1 wire being clipped, and takes seconds to do

Your car has to have factory HID's

wiring, etc will all be the same, but the beam will point to the wrong side of the road as they are intended for LHD cars. If you can source it from a RHD facelifted car, that's your best bet but these tend to be scarce

Hi Guys,

I have attached a few photos of my damaged headlight, do you think it can be repaired? The Driverside was destroyed.

I do have the facelift model Headlights aswell as facelift car 07plate.

Can someone please explain the mod, to use U.S headlights on U.K cars, just incase i have to go down this route :wacko:

tbh, this is one of those things where you can't really go cheap.

you see that whole black housing on the rear of the headlight, that holds all the gubbins, that's the important bit.

I beleive that is where most of the optics are calibrated and determine where the beam is aimed.

If you had both gubbins from the UK lights, then I suppose you could buy US lights, take them apart and combine the US front half with the UK back half.

I dunno, just thinking out loud with my gorilla brain.

PM P15ULT perhaps or Husky and ask, since they seem to have most experience with headlight modding

Hi P15ULT

they were £800 3 weeks ago lol...

I managed to pick up a headlight today for £310

Going to wait for abit, look around for something cheaper.

But if i dont find anything I'll get back to your soon, if your willing to seperate? :thumbs:

You should have bought the set from alex for 600 odd :doh: