Black Edition

gooner360

Hi Guys , Been hanging around your forums for a couple of weeks now getting some very helpful information .

Test drove a 370z a couple of weeks back and while not blown away with the performance loved it , maybe just to used to a turbo

and the way it delivers its power and torque .

So last weekend posted off my reg docs to get my plate taken off my current car so i can get it up for sale .

After a few hours on the net trying to find specs and colours came across the Black Edition in quartz (love that colour) , but trying

to find any for sale is a nightmare , couple in black for sale atm but no quartz .

Think i read somewhere the last new one was sold earlier this year so will have to be a 2nd hand one , how often do these come up for sale ?

Hi and :welcome:

I was at Gly Hopkins in Romford last weekend looking at a Demo they had for sale in the Limited Black edition it had 3000 miles on the clock they had about 3 370's in stock to choose from as well.

Cant see there will be many about atm, best bet is an ex-demo from a Dealer. I think there were a few posted up from Autotrader.

You are correct in that they are all at least registered if not sold. According to NMGB records, they are all sold, but doesnt mean that dealers havent bought them for themselves and might have them for sale.

Good luck with the search :thumbs: What are you driving at the mo? Surprised you might go for a car that doesn't impress on performance, all the 370's deliver the same performance, unmodified of course ;)

I Have a Mk2 Focus RS atm , looking at the figures the Z does seem to have the edge , just didn't seem that way on the test drive . I think it's down to the turbo and the way it delivers it's power

in one big lump rather then a na car being smoother in it's delivery .

Overall after a 15min test drive was realy impressed and i'm sure it'll put a smile on my face when i find one .

Can't speak for the Focus RS but the 370 has good power, it is NA so it's always going to be different power delivery as you say, peak power is at something like 7k rpm. Plus, and this isn't mean to put down the Focus in a nasty way, the 370 is a vastly better looking car and isn't derived from a family hatch. With that I'll look forward to seeing another 370 owner on the site :thumbs:

The quiet exhaust note of a standard car also helps to mask it's power pretty well. After my few weeks of ownership to date I'm still getting surprised how rapid it actually is.

I only wish they'd done a black edition Roadster as I'd defo have one of those - I just love the black edition, and that dark red interior :cloud9: .

Good luck with the search :thumbs: What are you driving at the mo? Surprised you might go for a car that doesn't impress on performance, all the 370's deliver the same performance, unmodified of course ;)

I Have a Mk2 Focus RS atm , looking at the figures the Z does seem to have the edge , just didn't seem that way on the test drive . I think it's down to the turbo and the way it delivers it's power

in one big lump rather then a na car being smoother in it's delivery .

Overall after a 15min test drive was realy impressed and i'm sure it'll put a smile on my face when i find one .

Is that the RS300? Because if it is, that little baby cou;ldn't live with me on the track at Valley :) That was with the owner running a full set of track tyres. The 370 mate, leaves the RS300 standing.

If it's an earlier RS, then even less of a contest I'm afraid. Not bumming the Z capabilities, it's just a fact mate :thumbs:

Zeds (350 and 370) are deceptively quick. They dont feel it, but get it next to something you think is fast and suddenly you realise just how quick they are. Its because the torque curve is so flat - more so in the 370z - it doesnt build, its just there and pushes you to the readline. :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies , good to hear thoughts on performance i'm sure i won't be disapointed when i get to take one for a good run .

Yeah the exhaust was a bit on the quiet side , i've go a turbo back Milltek on the RS so get lots of pops and bangs , seems to be a popular mod on the Z aswell , looking at your vids im

liking the sound of the Akrapovic but getting ahead of myself need to find a car first .

Don't know how many will be there but going to Castle Combe the weekend , seems like the ideal chance to look at the all the colours in one place just incase i can't find a Black Edition .

Went to the Auction this morning and a 370z 10 plate with 13,000 miles in black, couple a little marks on body but otherwise stunning condition never reached it's reserve of £19,900 but was bid up to £17,750. So if the fleet company makes enough money on there other cars that go through the ring then there is a good chance that the highest bidder will get there bid accepted :scare:

God if I had the money I would of this morning been driving it home :blush:

Went to the Auction this morning and a 370z 10 plate with 13,000 miles in black, couple a little marks on body but otherwise stunning condition never reached it's reserve of £19,900 but was bid up to £17,750. So if the fleet company makes enough money on there other cars that go through the ring then there is a good chance that the highest bidder will get there bid accepted :scare:

God if I had the money I would of this morning been driving it home :blush:

You may find the auction house will approach the seller to see if they will accept the £17,750 :thumbs:

By the way, where have you been hiding :bounce:

Hey dont diss it, I want good residuals!

Ha ha, I know, I just think the asking price is rather optimistic (even for the gorgeous black edition). Bloody good if you can find a buyer though at that price.

edit - ...or, you could buy this main dealer example with less miles...http://www.jfe-nissan.co.uk/used-vehicl ... ition.html :bangin:

Been looking for a few weeks now they've dropped the price by 2 grand on that in the last week . Still none in quartz to be found though .

Car looked stunning on Saturday Chris . Just needs a propper gearbox and a bird in hotpants :p

Car looked stunning on Saturday Chris . Just needs a propper gearbox and a bird in hotpants :p

Thanks, and it does have a proper gearbox, its quicker dont you know :p:lol:

Bird in hot pants, mmmmmmm