Man United vs Barca

Woody

Tickets went on sale this morning at 8am. But I am not one of the lucky ones. Ill have to wait until they go on general sale!!!

Just wondered if anybody managed to get some or will be applying to get some?

Anybody got any they dont want or any spare ;):lol:

Or is everybody, like everyone else I know, I United hater? :thumbdown::p

no chance they will gt to general sale mate. uefa did general sale back in feb/march. so nw its just season ticket applications n after speakin to some lads @ old trafford on weds, gt no chance pref given to ppl who been away games this season for champs league. and from a tout ur lookin at £1500+ just for 1 ticket, i got offered 2 for £4000 lol. check redcafe out be plenty goin on around stadium even if dont av a ticket

In order to apply, you have to be a ST holder, and been to all 10 Home cup games this season, and then as many away CL games as possible. 6 CL away games given the highest priority etc.

So, lowest away attendance was probably at Bursor, where there were about what, 800 United fans? So assume all of those get a ticket... then work your way down the other CL games (2000 away at Valencia? 3000 away at Rangers? etc etc) and how many of the same people went to the away games? Over the 6 games it might have only been 5000 people?

So that still leaves 20k tickets... so maybe in a few days they'll reduce the application requirements?

My mate is an ST holder, has been to 9 of the 10 home cup games, and been to 3 CL away games, but is not allowed to apply as he needed all 10 home games - he was well pi**ed off...!! So yesterday he booked on a trip with Thomas Cook to get a 1st class train from Manchester, stay in a 4 star hotel, and sit in the £250 seat for the game - total price £800...!! He hasnt told his wife yet. :lol:

I'm a Man U fan.

I'm waiting to see if my Dad gets tickets as he normally has tickets for every CL final.

If he does he will probably take his mates instead of me though! :lol::lol::thumbdown:

The way city and spurs keep bottling it, I wouldn't be suprised if they sneak 4th!! :angry::lol:

If Kenny had been in charge all season we'd have ended up 3rd no problem. Back to the final though, should be a good game and I'd make Barca slight favourites if only for the fact they've got Messi in their line up. Not going to stick my neck out and predict a result though, I've found in the past that this sort of thing usually comes back to haunt you ;)

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say Man Utd were terrible as I am not sure ANY team could have beaten Barca last night, they just have no fear, so much skill and also really hassle the opposition when they (rarely) don't have possesion, awesome stuff.

You have to question if Berbatov will be at Man Utd next season, after his 'dream move' he had a poor first season and then when he hits form at the start of this season, and was top scorer by a mile in the league at christmas. Then Man Utd buy Hernandez and Berbatov doesn't get a look in, but still ends up joint top scorer in the league even though he has played hardly any games since christmas. He then didn't even get a place on the bench for the CL final and didn't sit with the players...

No sour grapes that he was snapped up from Spurs, we do the same to other teams so it would be hypocritical to say anything, but it does make me chuckle :lol:

Would have him back at Spurs next season to play with VDV :cloud9:

Have to say that Man Utd could not keep possesion on the ball when they got hold of it. Vincent was doing his best to get sent off and Park did love his running about although when he got to the ball it all fell apart.

If Carlsberg owned a footbal club, they would own Barca ;)