RisingPower

Which combo?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which combo?

• Berk HFC's + Nismo Y Pipe
    • Motordyne XYZ/race cats + Berk Test Pipes
    • Motordyne XYZ/resonator + Berk Test Pipes
    • Leave as is

Now, I know berk hfc's have a reputation for cracking with the nismo y pipe and the flexis on my y pipes are looking a little scraped. That and the stock cats :lol:

Question is, what should I get for a bit more noise without rasp? Apparently the motordyne xyz w/resonator is pretty good for drone/rasp, but I'd just be concerned about being pulled.

Motordyne xyz w/race cats going to have any effect whatsoever on the rasp from unresonated test pipes?

Or the somewhat cheaper option, just stick some berk hfcs on, but considering the marks my stock cats have on them (thought it was just the flexis scraping :wacko: ), i'm not exactly sure how the berks would fare. Would be nice to have to worry less about scraping :lol:

the brks have a bracket on them so that the y pipe doesnt have to take any weight off of them i think

Mm but from what I've seen the nismo y pipe is also a bit shorter than the motordyne xyz and apparently that's another reason for the hfcs cracking.

Berks HFC's are a quality item, and the brackets put no strain on any other part, you won't regret it :thumbs:

Yeah, the berks won't put strain on other parts, but i'm concerned the nismo y pipe will :blush::headhurt:

But now I've heard how raspy unresonated test pipes are, damn :(

the one thing i learned with tuning the NA zed is that you can spend a hell of a lot of money for not a lot of gain.

if it was me going for maximum power i'd go with the xyz pipe as you can fit de cats and a resontated pipe for most of the year for maximum power and then pop a hi flow cat in 30 seconds for the mot.

but for noise i think that a completely un resontated system sounds like arse. its not a racy rasp sound as rasp and race don't go together, rasp to me says poorly designed exhaust.

so for best noise i'd be looking at something like the stillen y pipe i think tarmac was doing them berk hi flows, and something like an HKS exhaust.

the one thing i learned with tuning the NA zed is that you can spend a hell of a lot of money for not a lot of gain.

if it was me going for maximum power i'd go with the xyz pipe as you can fit de cats and a resontated pipe for most of the year for maximum power and then pop a hi flow cat in 30 seconds for the mot.

but for noise i think that a completely un resontated system sounds like arse. its not a racy rasp sound as rasp and race don't go together, rasp to me says poorly designed exhaust.

so for best noise i'd be looking at something like the stillen y pipe i think tarmac was doing them berk hi flows, and something like an HKS exhaust.

Stillen pipe has no flexis either :( AAM does though.

Yeah test pipes with resonators with the xyz and race cats = $$$ Just doesn't seem worth it tbh. Not sure I fancy running without cats at all though.

Oh and I think the nismo has a resonator in the mid pipe but that seems to do feck all :lol:

Stop trying to make your Zed sound like a chavvy Corsa or Saxo :p

You have a very nice exhaust that imo sounds just right, HFCs would make it a bit deeper without any extra drone :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah it's looking that way so far tbh :thumbs: Though there always is the option of just removing everything from the manifolds back. Open headers ftw :lol::lol::p

Stop trying to make your Zed sound like a chavvy Corsa or Saxo :p

You have a very nice exhaust that imo sounds just right, HFCs would make it a bit deeper without any extra drone :thumbs:

:lol:

In all seriousness it's probably worth listening to a car that has HFCs. You tube is good for giving an idea but it doesn't compare to real life.

:thumbs:

Though there always is the option of just removing everything from the manifolds back. Open headers ftw :lol::lol::p

to give you an idea, this is the car with an open midpipe

and this is it with an open y pipe