New Windscreen

spursmaddave

Ask for someone who has fitted a 350z screen to attend :thumbs: and also make sure they order the plastic strip across the top of screen.

When I had mine done, the chap turned up, took one look and said "see you next week end when the strip has been ordered" :lol:

........ and make sure they put your windscreen wipers back on the right way round :lol:

Nightmare indeed mate! I got a 1/2inch crack on mine, came with the car, thought I was being clever by thinking I could just get it done on the insurance once I got it back. Turns out once National Windscreens came along and looked at it that the previous owner had got a DIY job done on it and it was full of resin but not done within a vacum :headhurt: So only option now is to replace the windscreen, so will be watching this thread with interest!

Ask for someone who has fitted a 350z screen to attend :thumbs: and also make sure they order the plastic strip across the top of screen.

When I had mine done, the chap turned up, took one look and said "see you next week end when the strip has been ordered" :lol:

........ and make sure they put your windscreen wipers back on the right way round :lol:

Cheers for the tip about the plastic strip at the top, I forgot you had yours changed :doh:

I might take the wipers off myself, good excuse to spray them :thumbs:

Don't you have to remove the B pillars or something too?

You can take the B-Pillar's off if you want...... just for your own pleasure though... got feck all to do with the windscreen :lol:

You need to undo the A-Pillar.... the guy who did mine just did the front, just up past the top of windscreen, no need for it all to come off. The bolts are up under the door/window rubbers.

Protected no claims :p

Phoned autoglass today they seemed pretty knowledgable before I said anything they said they don't carry stock of the inner and outer fitments and would have to order them, getting changed Tuesday morning :thumbs:

I had mine done by Autoglass ......... good job by competent guy ..... there's also a photo thread on here - I'll try to find it

Hmmmmm al have to check my policy and see why then mate

You defo need to check that. In my policy booklet that came with my documents it says

Cover for your windscreen

We will pay:

* to repair or replace broken glass in your car’s windscreen or windows and any scratching to the bodywork caused by the broken glass, as long as there has not been any other loss or damage

Our Glass Repair Helpline (open 24 hours a day) is 0844 543 4426

2 What is not covered

We will not pay:

* any excess shown on your current Policy Schedule

* for replacement of the hood/roof structure of a convertible or cabriolet car when the glass forming part of it is not repairable

* for a replacement car

* any windscreens or windows not made of glass eg perspex

* more than £50 for each incident, if the repair or replacement is not arranged via our Glass Repair Helpline

* more than the market value of the car at the time of loss (less the excess)

Claims under this section will not affect your No Claims Bonus.

Phoned autoglass today they seemed pretty knowledgable before I said anything they said they don't carry stock of the inner and outer fitments and would have to order them, getting changed Tuesday morning :thumbs:

I had mine done by Autoglass ......... good job by competent guy ..... there's also a photo thread on here - I'll try to find it

That would be very much appreciated :teeth:

Is a new rubber strip across the top of the screen required, will the old one not refit. My top screen rubber is loose, this could be the reason if it has been removed at some point and is not reuseable.

That would be very much appreciated :teeth:

sorry Dave I've been searching for the last 20 mins and can't find it .... so that's a FAIL

:blush: