Which exhaust?

stuarty

Alrighty,

Ive recently sold my Astra VXR and bought a 2005 350Z.

My exhaust had a tiny blow just between the back box and the middle section. Ive looked at replacing it with a stock backbox, but i'm very tempted to upgrade to a stainless steel system.

I understand that there will be hundreds of threads on this subject, but i'm just looking for some advice.

I dont want anything to loud! I was thinking about a scorpian Y pipe back system. I was told that scorpion dont produce the Y section, Is this correct? Also is there any Y sections on the market that are compatable with the scorpion system? Or is there anything else I should consider? :D

I've not heard of a Scorpion Y pipe but I'm sure there are compatible models out there.

Scorpion to me is the best blend of cost, noise and looks. There are better zorst out there but you'll need more dollars.

Cobra is another option but apparently quite droney, K1 is ear bleeding loud, ebay copies are cheap/cheerful and will do the job but need a few mods to make them fit.

I've just done 7 days round Europe with a Scorpion and its nice and quiet when cruising but loud when you give it rizz.

I've not heard of a Scorpion Y pipe but I'm sure there are compatible models out there.

Scorpion to me is the best blend of cost, noise and looks. There are better zorst out there but you'll need more dollars.

Cobra is another option but apparently quite droney, K1 is ear bleeding loud, ebay copies are cheap/cheerful and will do the job but need a few mods to make them fit.

I've just done 7 days round Europe with a Scorpion and its nice and quiet when cruising but loud when you give it rizz.

I think the scorpion system is what i'm going to get! just need to make sure i can get a stainless Y section for it if the time ever comes.

I had a full Remis system on my VXR and it was way too loud, ended up buying a full turbo back scorpion system for it and it was awesome!

I have a hks replica, looks and sounds awesome, it between scorpion and k1, I have a mate with just a cobra back box it's a quiet but sporty noise, a standard exhaust with de-cats sounds good to, I used YouTube to listen to different exhausts, and japspeed do a y pipe which I believe fits the scorpion zorst

What's your budget?

Personally, I don't like the scorpion, miltek is a bit quiet for my liking, k1, yes well...

Nismo for me :thumbs: (no bias :lol::p )

Budget for Y section back about £450 max, Cats back £700.

Nismo is just over that, cat back I think tarmac has for £1200. But check with tarmac :thumbs:

It sounds like this:

If i used decat pipes would it through up warning lights. I tried it on my VXR and it was a nightmare!

I think that's pretty much the case on any decats? Berk HFC's don't though apparently :thumbs:

Think i'll go for the Scorpion Y section back system, then if the Y section needs replaced I'll replace it and fit decats at the same time!

Soooo much choice

not much I can't supply.

I'm expecting delivery of an exhaust that I believe will be the first in this country for one lucky member. I better not say what it is though as he may want to unveil it himself.

I own a scorpion, I like it but it needs a little more ooooomph to compliment it, I've got some berk HFCs and an aftermarket y pipe to compliment it, fitting next week hopefully.

It all depends on budget really. There are a lot of decent cat back exhausts out there, If something takes your fancy then drop me or my PA Chris a pm. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...