Mods for the easter break!

GT4 Zed

I'd like to wish a Happy Easter to all you zed heads and this being a long week end i will be fitting some mods :thumbs: .

I got an MREV2(for the second time B) ) and an intake manifold for sometime now from the US and they have been away for experimental porting and ceramic coating . I does not think it will give massive gains but it is should keep intake temps down and consistently especially for trackdays. I expect them back tomoro for fitting. Next i will send my decats and headers as soon as i can get a DC sports or similar priced header :p

c741779b.jpg

7a5e8762.jpg

113cddfe.jpg

Finally, i would like suggestions tio deal with a neigbours cat that feels the zeds bonnet is a radiator :bangin: I have decided to give the zed a wash and polish now every 2 weeks but this cat just undoes all my efforts in one evening. Somebody has suggested Lion **** as a deterent but were do i get this :teeth:

It needs to stay this clean :D

d57f6dc4.jpg

A water pistol(mabe not the super soaker kind but if you see it and squirt it while its on the bonnet once or twice it will relate the bonnet to the shock of the water gun. :thumbs:

Pitty I dont have the weekend off :rant: dam private sector! dont even get the wedding! :dry:

You can have my headers cheap if you come & remove them :p

As for the cat, thats simple. Kill it :)

dont kill the cat

Hey Ian, you know i'm always up for a good deal and relish a challenge ;) What do you have in mind? I thought you had sold the car :p or is it in bits sitting on stilts :lol: You have the ss DC

sports headers right?

I have this weekend off and could change plans and take up your offer if we can get access to a 4 post lift or similar and you offer a pair of extra hands :teeth: I'll buy you lunch :lol::lol:

Just starting the fitting of the above mods pics will be up later :thumbs:

I was also going to fit these today but it will not arrive in time due to the hols. Inner and outer bushes for the Front lower control arm(transverse link arm) to complement the banana(compression) arm bush :teeth:

SuperPro-Shock-Absorber-Lower-Bush-Kit_750_2IR91.jpg

SuperPro-Control-Arm-Lower-Inner-Bush-Kit_750_2IR8Z.jpg

I got lion poop from a zoo when i had issues with neighbours cats, although in the end I found out that the lovely ctack dealer next door was putting pork pie meat on my roof to get the cats to go on my car and scratch it too bits.

I miss living in Bradford :lol:

You can have my headers cheap if you come & remove them :p

As for the cat, thats simple. Kill it :)

dont kill the cat

Hey Ian, you know i'm always up for a good deal and relish a challenge ;) What do you have in mind? I thought you had sold the car :p or is it in bits sitting on stilts :lol: You have the ss DC

sports headers right?

I have this weekend off and could change plans and take up your offer if we can get access to a 4 post lift or similar and you offer a pair of extra hands :teeth: I'll buy you lunch :lol::lol:

I've got the ceramic DC headers. Not sold it yet, not even had time to advertise it for sale yet. Might be trading it in next week though, garage have made me a good offer against a car I fancy :ninja:

Looking good B)

I've also been thinking about getting my MREV2 ceramic coated, just need some spare funds. Any details about what's involved with the porting then?

Just ported a few mm wider, matched and all imperfections smoothed out while retaining a rough finish for good air flow.

I could not fit the intake manifold as I forgot to get replacement O rings for the fuel rail and injectors :bang: so will have to install some other time. Might attempt at polishing the upper plenum too! I got the MREV2 fitted plus custom 10mm spacer!

66e6e3b2.jpg

1b5260d2.jpg

3ef9b940.jpg

d5da7288.jpg

Looking good.

I've used lemon juice or moth balls in the past, moth balls seem to work quite well but the drive always smells of old people!:wheelchair:

I wish I was home for the Easter break, I did manage to fit a Walbro 255 fuel pump and an AAM return fuel system earlier in the week though. I've dropped it off at Abbey so they can put in the 600cc Injectors and do the UpRev. Can't wait to get home and get it back.