5% usage???

Zedrush

Was thinking perhaps the reason why we only use 5% of our brain is because biologically thats all our bodies can handle. Would an increase in brain usage require a bigger heart for increase oxygen inhaling and blood circulation? Would it be like putting a big engine in a 1.1 litre car and not upgrade anything else. The car would not be able to cope, perhaps the potential of our intelligence is limited due to the chassis the brain resides in. Perhaps our intelligence has a direct relationship to how much oxygen we can physically consume.... hmmm perhaps if we were to modify our bodies with bigger hearts could we use more of our brain? mmmmm doughnuts :snack:

The whole 'we only use 5% of our brains' is such an old wives tale. Couln't be further from the truth.

Everone that hears this immediately pictures a brain with a tiny corner sizzling away and the rest...... well, just sitting there. Afraid we're already maxed out!

Trust me, I've taken many mind expanding substances and stimulants and never managed to tip the toaster over suing just the power of my mind. I didn however managed to shart myself from trying too hard! :scare::lol::lol::lol:

All of your brain is supplied with blood/oxygen all the time. I doubt its related to any metric of "Utilisation".

I think that rather than think of it as only "using" 5%, it's more like it's so busy running our majorly complicated bodies, it can only afford to lease 5% of its power for a concious state so we don't bump into things and remember to have kids at some point! :lol: