Question about OBD compliance on UK and JDM models

JDM Performance

Hi

I have a 2003 JDM and have been told by several dealers that they cannot read anything off my car with the consult II software they have because it only read european models!!

Can anyone tell me if this is true and has anyone with a JDM been able to find a dealer that can reset error codes.

My particular problem is my immobiliser has thrown up an error and the red LED on the dash that flashes to show the immobiliser is set now stays on constantly. The car starts perfectly and there is no malfunction (apart from the LED!!)

From reading the maintenance manual (US Spec I think), it seems this can happen with the NATS.

I can find one error - Chain of ECM-IMMU code P1612.

The manual says:-

Communication impossible between ECM and BCM (NATS control unit)In rare case, “CHAIN OF ECM-IMMUâ€

Hi

I have a 2003 JDM and have been told by several dealers that they cannot read anything off my car with the consult II software they have because it only read european models!!

Can anyone tell me if this is true and has anyone with a JDM been able to find a dealer that can reset error codes.

I had an error code on my 03 import and my local stealer had no problems reading the car, fixing it and resetting the code.

Hi

I had an error code on my 03 import and my local stealer had no problems reading the car, fixing it and resetting the code.

I have one of those Greddy data readout thingies that plugs into my OBD2 port same as UK ones, no problems reading codes etc..either :thumbs:

Off topic - hey AndyC - see those girls in your sig... I saw a program on the telly which had the black girl on it. It was one of those 'go under the knife or not' ones as she was thinking she'd get a boob job. At the end of the prog she decided against it. Anyway, during the course of the show she was showing the presenter her pics of he washing that blue Z. Is it yours?

Back on topic - any luck finding all that info on the differences between the UK and JDM OBD2?

Chris

Off topic - hey AndyC - see those girls in your sig... I saw a program on the telly which had the black girl on it. It was one of those 'go under the knife or not' ones as she was thinking she'd get a boob job. At the end of the prog she decided against it. Anyway, during the course of the show she was showing the presenter her pics of he washing that blue Z. Is it yours?

Chris

Hey Chris - yep my car & my lady too. I was on the prog too - the very good looking guy who had big bags under his eyes that day!!!

Chris

the very good looking guy

Now that is a complete fabrication! And don't forget some of us have met you :p