*Fitting Superpro bushes with reviews ++Pics++

GT4 Zed

• 1 month later...

Come on Bennet, UPDATE!!!

I |Want to get on this train now, just need to work out what bushes I will require.

It's probably quicker to give Jez at Horsham a bell,as he has them on his track car I think.

Waiting for Bennet Darren................you know what he's like. :lol:

+1 Bennett appears here as you know in flits and spurts. I have the lower compression arm bush and had the ARB ones and lived them.

I've driven Bennetts car and couldn't tell you what parts made the difference as his suspension and surrounding parts as you know are nothing but oem. All I have to say is its fantastic.

If you're going to do it and as yours isn't a daily driver I'd go for it. Point to note road noise increases along with vibration which I'm sure you'd expect.

Darren - Better HU - sorts all the noise problems out simply turn it up :lol:

+1 On what Ian said - knocks and bumps from the road are transmitted into the cab - I've checked underneath mine for loose things twice now but it just seems to be all the braces and bushes transfer the noise - the ride is stiffer and with the suspension as well a lot harsher - but other than the cabin drone I was happy to do the 100 + miles to London a few weeks ago - I do have the benefit of changing the suspension settings from the cab.

On the plus side handling and steering is very sharp :cloud9:

Until a few weeks ago I was happy with the setup I have but having a go in a 997 gt3 rs although straight line performance is similar the handling & feel is in another league. The feel of the zed is a bit like driving my dads A8 in comparison. I know the zed will never be a beetle on speed but I wouldn't mind it being a little closer. Especially as I don't want to leave this place :cloud9:

Hahaha! Thanks Ian for answering on my behalf!

I would recommend replacing all the bushes on your car like I've done especially with more power and track driving in mind.

. It's night and day. Yes my suspension is hardly standard but because I did the bushes last it was noticeable and just made everything work better and together. To this I mean more responsive, sharper, taut and precise for whatever setting I have dialled on the coilovers, ARBs or control arms. Cornering is flat without roll or wallow and I sure the ps2 also help to improve feel and grip but I feel they work better.

I went for Superpro items and energy suspension for those areas not covered by Superpro. I think Superpro is over all better quality but for a budget conscious mind the ES kit will be fine all round. When I replace the steering rack bushes it will be complete.

Dazza, Tim if we next meet you can drive and see for yourself.

So main positive is improved handling/steering feel and response. Also the suspension geometry is maintained. Unlike with OEM bushes when you get a different reading each time on the laser alignment post even on the same day. Tire wear has improved IMO but that's subjective and last year was quiet from the trackday front.

Negatives; slightly more NVH but you get used to and that becomes normal. I only notice the difference when I drive a standard car which feel wolly and strange. TBH I think the engine damper, urethane transmission mount and subframe bushes are the culprits rather than the suspension bushes.

Surprisingly there are no squeaks or squeals. Both kits come with silicon grease which I used generously but not everywhere so can say if this make a difference.

Finally, I think is always a slippery slope when you start messing with the suspension as it can always be improved. I want clubsports KWs now and if possible swap everything for SPL solid bushes and rose jointed arms but this is a dream. I should have gone for it in the first place but I was too worried the car will be harsh like a race car but the feedback from chaps in the states it's not so bad and if anything you can set more soft because the whole geo works rather than go hard to cover up for corner roll or wallow but sacrifice ride comfort and ultimately grip.

• 3 months later...

Cracking write up Bennet, doing the banana arm bushes myself and the front shock absorber lower bush kit but any reason why the super pro kit is twice as expensive as the whiteline, is it that much better???

After these two bush kits are fitted (swapping these out first as they have perished worse) what did people find to be the most significant bushes to change as don't think my budget will stretch to all bushes at present.

The eccentric bushes on the camber arms to correct negative camber seem a natural choice but what then??? help much appreciated!!

Edited by shire350Z