Swirls on B Pillars

Voodoo Vix

Hi guys

As people will have seen from my intro, I'm picking up my new zed on Saturday. Unfortunately, although the pictures of her make her look clean, up close she looks like she's been wiped over with a brillo pad, there are fine scratches and swirls all over her (the sides mainly) :thumbdown:

I have many lotions and potions and can't wait to get her back looking new, but wondered if there was anything specific I could use on the plastic B pillars as they're all scratched and swirly too?

I'm not sure I trust myself with a machine, I prefer doing it by hand lol Would a paint cleaner work? I have megs paint cleaner and swirl X but not sure if they would be too harsh, I don't want to make them dull.

I use a machine polisher and I'm a real life 'liability'.......I think its only when your talking about using an Orbital Polisher you have to be careful - the DA ones are fairly mong proofed. Worth the investment if you've got a particularly swirled car.

Thanks for all the replies, the plastx is what I was hoping to hear about, will this dull the plastic? Also is it ok for interior plastic which is scuffed? Would like to rescue it before I consider replacing.

wet and dry will dull it, but polish will bring it back to gloss.

i'd possibly finish the job with some rubbing compound for an even finer finish

Thanks for all the replies, the plastx is what I was hoping to hear about, will this dull the plastic? Also is it ok for interior plastic which is scuffed? Would like to rescue it before I consider replacing.

wet and dry will dull it, but polish will bring it back to gloss.

i'd possibly finish the job with some rubbing compound for an even finer finish

Will megs polish bring it up after using plastx