AMS Aluminium race pulley set Group buy £180

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Just out of curiosity how easy are they to put in and take out etc?

Apparently a couple of hours diy

Will take your weight saving up a notch buddy ;):lol:

DBlock - will be in touch once the numbers are in :thumbs:

I know that's what I was thinking, not only that but potential gains up front. You wouldn't need to map these puppies in either!! Oh man I must resist, I need to do some calculations. :disguise:

I think they are about a good 2.5kg lighter than stock which is a good gain. Like you said no remaping need and its making the car more effecient. also has the metal sleeve on main crank pulley for a positive seal which means you wont get a leaking main seal which you get on the cheaper kits. This kit is also fully balanced so even though I have heard it doesnt make a difference it wont affect how the engine runs or knock its balance.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People generally see a 6-11bhp increase throughout the rev range with all 3 pulleys lightened. Your making a heavy part on the car lighter and stronger. As the crank pulley spins the belt which drives the idler and alternator pulleys it's causing a parasitic drag on the engine. It's not making the engine technically lose power but it's stealing it before it gets to the wheels. Reducing weight on something which spins makes a big difference. So the car with gain power all through the rev range, be more responsive and efficient.

sorry to be a noob but what do these do? i looked at the link and it says they can add up to 11hp, is that realistic or is that the usual exaggerated figure from manufacturers of aftermarket parts?

cheers

JM

Have you changed the link to the first set you put up on a group buy? The links seem the same?

Let me sleep on it,iv just spent £400 on the Zed,so maybe pushing it abit! lol Do you do buy now pay later? lol

Hi mate

I did change to a standard pulley size from a decent supplier as I wasn't comfortable with the other one.

I can sort something out payment wise if your struggling. I can order and hold one for you for a £20 non refundable deposit.

:thumbs:

Are these the same radius as the original pulleys? So OEM belts fit?

Yes buddy :thumbs:

can my old belts be used or will i have to buy new ones?

Cheers

JM

Same size as OEM so yes :thumbs:

Come on, guys, let's do 10 on this order, maybe we drop the price down to £170, what do you think Tarmac? :):teeth: :teeth:

I think 10/10 for trying but this one is a bit too tight to go any lower :lol:

Might chuck in a Tarmac Sportz sticker if I can get biccy to make them up in time :lol: