Pearlescent, flat or metalic wrap UPDATED VIDEO

iain10101

Which one of the three pls  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the three pls

• Purple pearl
    • Flat dark blue
    • Black metalic

Has anyone got a pearl paintjob or wrap? Im toying with the idea but would like some inspiration. Pretty please :thumbs:

Please if you have taken the time to look at this again please vote! Many thanks in advance

The three together

vinyl064.jpg

The pearl

vinyl059.jpg

The flat blue

vinyl061.jpg

Finally the Black metalic

vinyl071.jpg

Ive been tempted for a while to do something out there like yours, Matt is certainly the way forward imo but, Black is way to common now and Chrome is now illegal so that leaves me with a few options. I love candy apple red but the vinyl is over £1700+ fitting, so im left with two options. White pearl or purple pearl. I love the way the purple goes to gm to green but im not sure if on the entire car would be ott.

Im thinking of a wrap as some time soon my new bits will be with me and seeing as im replacing front and rear bumpers, skirts and bonnet its cheaper to get a wrap than to have the bits painted. Plus once the paint is blended onto the car, when inevitably i would have to take the car back to standard to sell, the original bumpers etc will be a different colour. Forward thinking and if i dont like it when its done i can redo it with a different colour at the same costings as paint!

John up in aberdeen got his zed wrapped pearl white.... looked gorgeous.... check the totally dynamic website :thumbs:

I can plus one that!

Go purple - so many people, including myself have bumped their gums about this. If the red brides didnt suck me in I would have went for this!

The purple on that R35 is the dogs, we saw a Focus wrapped on Sunday in what I think now may have been very similar to the linky that you have put up on the Volvo. The one thing that struck us both was that it was trying to be purple but was leaning towards pink, however the green and grey/silver element worked really well. Of course I have no way of knowing if it was the same wrap you're considering but would hate it if I was buying purple and got a shade leaning towards pink. :wacko:

Just my two pennyworth mate, hope this helps, looking forward to seeing yours when it's all done Ian. B)

Right, you're more on about TVR/MG flip paint than a pearlescent? Personally I can't stand it as it looks really dated, but if it's attention you're after you'll certainly get it! :lol:

is it wrong that I think a nice pink would look quite good?

I don't think so, a decent pink on the right car can look awesome (Sumo Power comes to mind).

I have priced the 3M Midnight Purple...........................

I had to sit down a bit lively! You certainly have to pay for Exclusivity!

After i collected my thoughts i have nearly decided on it. its just gonna take an extra few weeks to raise the extra pennies! I have Both the purple pearl and the midnight purple samples in the post winging their way to me as we speak.

Im sure when i see the vinyls side by side it will be a one horse race!

The vinyl alone is hugely expensive and there is only one company that supplies it so im stuck there, midnight purple is the way forward! I just have to justify it to the wifey! Which may be a slight issue. Im having it laid by a local company in Eastbourne and i have seen thier work. They recently wrapped an audi TT in White and its flawless, Pretty good price too.

Don't tell her. She's a woman, I doubt she will notice :teeth:

What planet do you live on? lol

Mars through the week & Venus on the weekend :thumbs:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh