looking to get my daughter (11 yrs) cheap tablet

player2301

Hi lads im looking to get my daughter a cheap tablet pc probably off ebay !!

we already have ipad and she has her own quad core laptop but something she can just walk round with ...

Im not upto scratch on android can it be J/B like ipad to get all the apps ? ?

she also wants it to have a web cam for msn etc . . . . .

So come on find me summat good

I had a look at this but like i said i aint got a clue with android ? ? :bangin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-Google-Andro ... 230df3f442

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-INFOTM-X220-FL ... 1e61a2ca92

:lol: Be careful.....ebay :scare:

You maybe better http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/disgo-tabl ... 6-pdt.html

If anything goes wrong, you can take it back to a local retailer.

Some tablets dont support flash players.

Android honeycomb is due out soon, so make sure anything you buy can be upgraded online.

Android has "market" for all the apps and games some free too.

I have galaxy tab gt1000 and its great, saves me taking my 18" laptop out and about... :lol:

Have a look at the dell inspiron duo with the flip screen- use as a tablet or a notebook. Cool wee gadget. Dunno about it's capabilities tho

I almost bought one as i thought they were great, until i used one.... The processor is too slow, to load up an internet page and navigate to another it took over 30 secs and that was with no applications running. Also to load up microsoft office took over a minute! I was gutted cos i wanted one! So im in the same predicament at present. Im looking at tablets and cos i have an iphone im swayed towards the ipad. Although they are v expensive compared to an android with the same capabilities.

I did hear on the rumor mill that Apple has lost its market place in favour of andriod operating system tablets, hence the latest release of the "new" :yawn: Ipad.......

So all the Apple haters who said that most popular is not always best are wrong then :lol:

yep.... :dummy:

hooooragh to Apple haters :snack:

That was actually a BBC news article week before last, dont beat up the messenger..... :p

The benefit of the Apple stuff is that whatever you buy from the App Store, it'll work on your device. Given the amount of different Android specs and OS versions floating around the place, while the device is technically more capable you can end up not running anything due to hardware/software conflicts (i.e. just like a PC). One's not massively better than the other, it just depends on what the end user wants.