London Tube advice

Lexx

95% of the users are foreign, its really hot, you can never get a seat, everyone looks like a terrorist, the maps are stupidly laid out....... :rant:

Northern bigots :yawn:

Using the Tube is quite easy, just plan in advance and you'll be good to go. For each line there'll be a Northbound and Southbound service, make sure you use the right one!

Using the Tube is quite easy, just plan in advance and you'll be good to go. For each line there'll be a Northbound and Southbound service, make sure you use the right one!

Not all lines... some have an Eastbound and Westbound line. :p

Not all lines... some have an Eastbound and Westbound line. :p

I didn't want to confuse him! 1.gif

You almost couldn't pick a worse time to get on the tube, get a cab :thumbs:

Its not that bad at that time of day, its between 5-6pm that its a bit of a squeeze.

You could always hire one of Borris' Bikes and cycle :headhurt:

:lol::lol:

On the odd occassion i've had the 'pleasure' of visiting my london office I have found the tube to be boiling hot and crammed full of miserable sweaty southerners........it's horrendous in summer! I'm geographylexic and try to avoid going on my own but i could probably just about navigate it. If you get an oyster card you can just top it up and whiz through all the barriers without buying a ticket.

Were not all sweaty and miserable you know :boxing::lol:

I quite enjoy the tube. Off peak though!

It's fun looking at the maps and working it out and not getting lost.

It's an experience for me though being way more northern than the northerners.

When I worked in Moscow I used to get the tube at rush hour. Now that was fun! Summer was bliss though! Those that have visited will know why! ;)

When I worked in Moscow I used to get the tube at rush hour. Now that was fun! Summer was bliss though! Those that have visited will know why! ;)

Is it because of the stunning, art crammed stations on the Moscow underground Stew? ;)

Is it because of the stunning, art crammed stations on the Moscow underground Stew? ;)

Happy memories of just about everywhere in Russia I've been come flooding back.

Drooooooooooooool

I'd rather de-lice pubic hair for a living than use the tube each day.

The bad thing about the tube isn't the sweating reeking human detritus who use it, its the well dressed city type hammering round with his brief case. He's got that glint in his eye that tells you he's one half fat mochafrappachino away from having a 'falling down' moment. Invariably shod in a pin stripe suit with hair that is 20 years out of style.

My mates Mrs was telling me that she was on the tube the other Monday morning at 9.30am..........some suit was so stressed (no more than 30 mins into his week) that when the doors opened and everyone surged on he snapped and punched some plucky train goer out before marching off the train and into the unsuspecting world.

London.........I'm alright ta.

My mates Mrs was telling me that she was on the tube the other Monday morning at 9.30am..........some suit was so stressed (no more than 30 mins into his week) that when the doors opened and everyone surged on he snapped and punched some plucky train goer out before marching off the train and into the unsuspecting world.

Good man! People should have to get a license to ride the tube, things like this and standing on the right on the escalators should be on the test for it. :thumbs: