Road Trip - Europe

thebesh

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of advice about a possible road trip this summer in the Zed. Me and a mate are thinking about a bit of a tour of Europe. I'm up in Sunny Aberdeen and he lives in Edinburgh, so the logical first step is to drive down and get a ferry/channel tunnel across to France and take it from there.

I guess we want the trip to be about a week or so long and I don't want it to be Gumball rally 12 hours a day driving - wouldn't mind seeing some sites and spending time in places along the way. This is the first plan I've come up with....

Aberdeen

Edinburgh.... (stay overnight)

Brugge - - (stay overnight) 10hrs 40mins

Eindhoven - - (possible overnight) 2hrs 15mins

Nürburgring - - (possible overnight) 2hrs 25mins

Luxemborg - - (possible overnight) 1hr 55mins

Paris - - (possible overnight) 4hrs 5mins

London- - (possible overnight) 5hrs 30mins

Edinburgh (overnight) 7hrs 20mins

Aberdeen

Any comments/suggestions/tips gratefully received.

Sounds like an interesting itinerary. To do all that in a week you must be on m-ways all the time though. Continental A roads are usually very good and can be more fun to drive on albeit a bit slower.

My wife and I like Brugge although my son, who lives in Brussels thinks it twee and pretentious. Luxemborg is nice with lots of pavement cafes and restaurants. For me, Paris is like most big cities: first prize is 1 day there and second is 2 days.

I'm sure you would, but I would always make sure the car was parked somewhere secure.

:yahoo:

I want to do something like this but my idea was orginally to go to north italy (1300 miles) one way and stop off on the way but unsure if i will actually do it anymore :( as the costs of stop overs/fuel/other spending money while there kind put a dampner on the whole idea lol.

This is why I knew it was wise to ask you guys - just had a look and I think Hull -Zeebrugge is a MUCH better idea than driving down to Dover and heading back North again. Just had a quick look at prices for Ferry and really happy that a single journey with 2 passengers and car is about £170, which I think is very reasonable!

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of advice about a possible road trip this summer in the Zed. Me and a mate are thinking about a bit of a tour of Europe. I'm up in Sunny Aberdeen and he lives in Edinburgh, so the logical first step is to drive down and get a ferry/channel tunnel across to France and take it from there.

I guess we want the trip to be about a week or so long and I don't want it to be Gumball rally 12 hours a day driving - wouldn't mind seeing some sites and spending time in places along the way. This is the first plan I've come up with....

Aberdeen

Aberdeen

A read though of my thread my give you some ideas:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=39640

You are right to limit the amount of miles per day as it can become a pain. We like to have a two night stay along the way as booking into a hotel in the afternoon and having to pack up and check out in the morning is hard work. Two nights in one place gives you a good break.

I would limit the miles driven in this country, we are going to start to use Newcastle to amsterdam in future.

Enjoy!

Hi Guys

Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Wouldn't the Zed fit in one of your boats?? :boat: