Going wide

Shawn

Hi :D

I'm in the process of getting a new bodykit for the Z :) , but I'm a bit stuck when it comes to choosing alloys to match.

I happy choosing a design, but my main concern is getting the correct size wheels that will sit flush with the body. I'm finding offsets a little confusing and I am not keen on getting spacers. I had a word with my local alloy shop but they seemed surprisingly useless at this (or maybe I wasn't explaining it right).

I'm happy with 18's but I want them extra wide to match the Veilside VS3 wide arch kit (example below). I also have GT spec with the Brembo brake kit.

30279070034_large.jpg

Can anyone suggest some safe sizes (front and rear) which also look good. I'm sure going wide at the rear isnt a problem but I imagine going too wide at the front could cause problems (with steering perhaps? - maybe I worry too much!)

Thanks for your help guys! :band:

p.s. I promise not to order these! http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=43511&hilit=advan

So say if I get at set of 20x10 all round would I need a negative offset to bring the wheels out? Not keen on 60mm spacers!

I'm not really sure how you think your going to do this without using spacers...

+1, front what I recall, all members with this kit have had to use spacers

Realistically, your going to need a 10"+ wide wheel (Probably nearer 12"+) with an et0 offset (or + offset).

Not the sort of thing you'll find off the shelf though!

Theres a few sets of wheels for sale on driftworks that would fit the bill, but like i said, its not the sort of thing that you'll find at the local wheel shop.

How much you looking to spend on wheels? cuz if you dont want to use spacers then your looking BIG money for something like a set of 19x10 et0 front and 19x11 et0 rear, even then you may still need a small spacer eg 20mm to bring them propper flush. Best bet imo would be to buy Attacks 20" wheels in the for sale section and then run some decent spacers to get the look you want, this way you can play about with different size spacers to acheive different offsets till you get what you want :thumbs:

I think as other have said already it will be had to find a wheel that has the right ET to fit flush with this kit so find anything within your budget that is closer to ET0 and ideally 10"+ wide so you need only a small regular spacer ;)

However you should be aware that that kit will weigh a bit plus going for very big 20" non racing wheels will weigh a ton which will kill your performance and consumption :surrender:

Personally i will try and get the lightest 19" wheels i can find with the ET and width as above. The final consideration you should look into will be tyres. Large wheels 11"-13" will need large tyres B) and you will get more readily available cheap part worns in 19" than any thing else B) I see MPS 2 305 or 315/30/19 all the time on ebay and they are even cheaper than the 295/30/19 i usually get because of less demand :teeth:

Do your research well mate! or look for some other original body kit because TBH veoilside has been done to death :snack:

• 2 months later...

Just hit Image up, they'll knock you up any size and offset you want. 19x10 et0 wont even be close to sitting flush unless you run your car at 4x4 ride height...

I have mine at 19x10 ET-15 at the moment and I dont have any sort of wide arches, just rolled lips.