Snoopers?

bakseedaa

slow down a little and you might spot them! ;)

Ill get myself a Robin Relliant then :dry:

Just cos a car will go fast doesn't mean you have to drive it over the limit... if you are going that fast that you don't spot a mobile camera in time to slow down then maybe it tells you something :bangin:

So your that good youve never driven over the limit

Just cos a car will go fast doesn't mean you have to drive it over the limit... if you are going that fast that you don't spot a mobile camera in time to slow down then maybe it tells you something :bangin:

Not what I said and I have an aftermarket unit that tells me where all the 'hot spots' are as well as fixed cameras, but if you got zapped twice in 3 days then maybe you need to pay more attention and watch your speed ;)

Having a decent car and being good doesn't mean you don't drive over the limit, it means you don't drive over the limit where you're going to get caught. :boxing:

As it happens to all, you know all pro drivers the first ticket was in the van so it has nothing to do with being in a fast car. And as you can see from the start of the thread i not interested in your opinions on how i drive only in what people use for spotting the speed traps

As it happens to all, you know all pro drivers the first ticket was in the van so it has nothing to do with being in a fast car. And as you can see from the start of the thread i not interested in your opinions on how i drive only in what people use for spotting the speed traps

For future reference -

article-1028283-029BC7F30000044D-280_468x273.jpg

there was a fantastic bit of kit released in the US recently for your iphone dont remember the name but im sure a google search will find it.

It did everything including jamming.

Yikes, Don't go down the jamming route, this can lead to a perverting the course of justice charge, far more serious than speeding. The police are using more and more laser devices which can't be detected only jammed. Although I'm pretty strict with myself over speeding I have memorised all the possible locations of every mobile camera in my area, there's about 10 of them and my Nurrish SatNav detects all the fixed ones.

Pete

never mentioned anything about the fast car, more your attitude to speeding!

I'll let others recommend snoopers to you as i don't use them personally.

there was a fantastic bit of kit released in the US recently for your iphone dont remember the name but im sure a google search will find it.

It did everything including jamming.

Yikes, Don't go down the jamming route, this can lead to a perverting the course of justice charge, far more serious than speeding. The police are using more and more laser devices which can't be detected only jammed. Although I'm pretty strict with myself over speeding I have memorised all the possible locations of every mobile camera in my area, there's about 10 of them and my Nurrish SatNav detects all the fixed ones.

Pete

i could be wrong but i didnt think anyone had be caught jamming and then charged (i thought it was just a threat) also the device is so small i dont beleive they can search your car so you just quickly throw it under the seat and say i dont know what your talking about...dont quote me though

pretty sure police can search your car if they think your jamming their speed gun - whats to stop them?

even if they did i doubt they would find anything and if teh search gets too far you say that could it be your parking sensors and remote garage opener...and then im "pretty" sure there is nothing they can do as you are perfectly allowed to have those and certain models of those can interfer.

Also tbh unless your going way over the speed limit its probably not worth thier time as they have to provide you with documentation when requested that they have searched your vehical etc..

I could be completely wrong and speaking BS would be interesting for one of the coopers to comment on here.

People can & do get prosecuted & convicted for it.

Clicky

Interesting, do you know this as fact? or is this what you have heard.

As everywhere i have read basically says they try to scare you but as soon as you start to put up a fight then it all goes away. As "perverting the course of justice" is not meant to be used on such menial things like this, and by all accounts cant just be used on its own.

But as i have said i am by no means knowledgble on this, I only know what i have read.

People can & do get prosecuted & convicted for it.

Clicky

Interesting, do you know this as fact? or is this what you have heard.

As everywhere i have read basically says they try to scare you but as soon as you start to put up a fight then it all goes away. As "perverting the course of justice" is not meant to be used on such menial things like this, and by all accounts cant just be used on its own.

But as i have said i am by no means knowledgble on this, I only know what i have read.

Err.. the link is to a report of a successful prosecution for this offence so it's fact.

Yes, several prosecutions, the first one was in Cumbria, 2004. If you do get charged with PCJ then I'm guessing that you're likely to have your fingerprints and DNA taken as its a criminal offence. If you're convicted then you'll have a criminal record and it'll show up if you ever need a CRB check. :shrug:

http://uk.churchill.com/news/article063.htm

Pete

Funny you should post that, a friend of mine was caught on the same section of road as in that link you posted 'Acle Road towards Great Yarmouth'.

Using a Laser Jammer the police were unable to get a reading on his car so in court the prosecution agreed to drop a second charge of exceeding the 70mph speed limit, but having to lay down some law they gave him a 30 day ban for obstruction of a police officer.