Which exhaust and where to go?

CarpeDiem

Hi,

Looking for some advice. I'm wanting to upgrade from the stock exhaust and was wondering what everyone recommends. The result I am looking for is a better audible response when accellerating but I'm not wanting to the constant drone while maintaining a steady speed.

I have noticed that quite a few people on here have gone with the stillen and reading through the comments it sound like this one could be the one but I want to consider all the options and opinions.

Also, is there somewhere in Scotland I can get this all done or am I better arranging for the exhuast imported (if required) myself and then arranging fitting.

Any help, thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Stillen is certainly a good choice. They were faultless delivering mine to me from the US, very quick and efficient. I got mine with free Gen3 intakes too so very happy.

Akrapovic seems to be another choice that owners are very happy with too.

I went with the HKS SSM, mainly cos it is like a work of art and the quality has to be seen ! That aside the advantage to me is No drone and relatively qiuet until around 3000 rpm when it really lets rip and becomes a head turner .[attachment=0]HKS Super Sound Master - Z33 & Z34.png[/attachment]

I went with the HKS SSM, mainly cos it is like a work of art and the quality has to be seen ! That aside the advantage to me is No drone and relatively qiuet until around 3000 rpm when it really lets rip and becomes a head turner .[attachment=0]HKS Super Sound Master - Z33 & Z34.png[/attachment]

+1 Mine arrived on Friday B) , I must say they are something else

Thanks for all the replies. The stillen at the moment does seem to be my first choice. The reviews and performance seem to be what I'm looking for. Saying that, the Akrapovic and the above HKS do look good. Can find as much information on these as the stillens though. Must dig deeper.

Not sure if I was going to go for the intakes but if I'm fortunate to get them for free then thats a whole different story.

That HKS is a work of art. Did you get it from a UK supplier or did you have to import?

Do you have any recordings of how it sounds?

I got mine from sarah at chilli Red who i think is a trader on this forum, so no worries about import duty and tax etc.

There is a sound clip on a 350 to give you an idea at, http://www.hkseurope.com/news/story.asp?NewsID=50

Thanks for the link Kev. Sounds good on the 350z. How do you find it sitting at a steady 30 or 70 mph? Is there a constant drone or does it settle when not being rev'ed?

No drone, at any cruising speed, it only kicks in when you gun it, in any gear, well I don't know about 6th as I would probably have a heart attack flat out in that gear :lol:

Beautiful proper V6 burble on idle, sounds like it's hiding something much bigger.

Whereabouts in Scotland are you? If you're local enough i could meet up with you and you can have a proper appraisal :thumbs:

None of the aforementioned exhausts will drone - they are all very similar designs really - not some cheapy knock off straight through jobs which sound aweful cruising. The Zed on the motorway is under very little load and quite low revs, so all is well :thumbs: